Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Name for us BanjoBen Forum Members

I thought it might be fun to come up with a creative term to show our identity as members of @BanjoBen’s community (both as students and as the forum as a whole)… but alas, I am not clever as y’all to come up with a good term.

Rather than embarrass myself, I am going to just put the challenge out there for everyone to mull over.

It is all in good fun but how cool would it be if something actually took traction…

6 Likes

Well, to start the ball rolling, we are all String BENders

6 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:+1 for string BENders

4 Likes

I like the Bluegrass side of having String included… But I also like simply… “BENders” because of the impact of BEN in it.

I just hope people don’t get the wrong idea… :cocktail::champagne::beer::wine_glass: :hushed:

4 Likes

Thought of BanjoNinja but sounds like that is used. OK then BenjoNinja. That way a bit instrument neutral but with enough emphasis on banjo.

So what do you think BenjoNinja’s?!

3 Likes

Not bad…

Or… Even just Benjos!

4 Likes

Ben’s Bluegrassers

4 Likes

The Benjolins?.. Or even The G’Benjolins! Now all instruments are covered!

6 Likes

I see what you did there @jw11:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

BenJamites. Or BenJammers. Because Ben is short for Benjamin (Been jammin’…) that way we can get “Ben” and “Jam” into the word and it sounds great, and also it’s instrument neutral

7 Likes

Now THAT is inspiring…

See everyone here is so much more clever!

Maybe a variation of the earlier one… Benjo… I thought about BEN-JOES (like the many followers of Ben)…

I threw it out immediately as it unintentionally sounds like I am excluding the many gifted and talented Ladies here.

I would never dream of doing that!

4 Likes

@WillCoop, for us in the deep South, it does not leave the ladies out…as it’s quite often the middle name, or rather a truncated version of a middle name like Jolene, Joann, Joan, Joy, or just plain Jo. For example; Betty Jo, Etta Jo, Kathy Jo, Ruby Jo, etc. Ladies could drop the “e” to denote gender…BEN-JOS…or maybe BEN-JO(E)S. :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t give it any serious consideration…I just wanted to be contrary. Oh well, that was fun!

6 Likes

Speaking for myself only, that just isn’t an issue. It’s not excluding at all, but thanks for the concern; I think it’s a fine contender.

4 Likes

BenJamite makes me think of Vegemite. BenJammers is not bad.

4 Likes

@xmark,

You are 100% right on that “Jo” name - of course! That works for me.

After all… I am really and truly a William Robert… or a Gen-U-wine Billy-Bob as those in the south might use… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are always so accepting, @MissMaggie!

Still, I don’t think it is a bad name… but I’m not sold on it yet, either.

However, there are quite a few creative names out there starting to come in…

4 Likes

Do we really need another label ? I am content being a Lifetime Gold Pick Member. - Be nice to have a T Shirt with a banjo and the words Gold Pick Member what do you think @BanjoBen ?

Another way to support the General Store and to let others know we are proud to be one of your students.

7 Likes

Good suggestion, although I would like to see a guitar background offered as well

5 Likes

I like that idea… GOLD PICK Member Tee.

Maybe have the pick with the @BanjoBen sillouette on a big golden pick…

3 Likes

@Archie,

No… WE don’t NEED another name…

I was just trying to introduce a topic and have a bit o’ fun in these days of quarantine.

If you choose not to participate - that’s totally your call.

I, for one, have enjoyed the responses and it is all just for fun anyway

3 Likes