Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

My Podcast Interview with Vince Moreno!

I was honored to sit down with one of the best musicians in Nashville, Vince Moreno, for his podcast “Music & Memories”. We talk touring life, the history of my website/business, and how important family is to us both.

15 Likes

Thank you Vince and Ben! That was definitely worth the time to listen to!!

5 Likes

WOW!!! Thank you for that most Intimate and open look into your experience’s and your life. When I came across your web sight and joined the life time membership I felt like I found a home and friends. I was sure It was not a waste of my time and hard earned money but it remained to be seen. Since then I have come to love the lessons, the people and the comradery that is Ben Clark. I feel I can call you friend (even though we’ve never met face to face But you have replied to me directly and I thank you for that as well.) We may never shake hands but I can say " Ya Banjo Ben Clark, What a great dude and one hell of a musician, He taught me so much and I highly recommend him and his General store for whatever your lookin for when it comes to all things Bluegrass. and More!!! Thank you again Ben for all you do . Jon M. :sunglasses: P.s. I’ll stand in line for your autograph SLINGSHOT!!! :rofl:

5 Likes

He might give you an “autograph” from 100 yards away :rofl:

6 Likes

Awesome interview @BanjoBen thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been used for target practice !!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Listening to this reminds me of something my wife said to me decades ago when I was a radio DJ: “Sometimes you say things on the air you really shouldn’t be saying.”

It’s clear to me two friends sat down for a chat and kinda forgot someone might actually hear it! :grin:

3 Likes

COPY THAT!!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe Ben, you will understand the point of this:
Back in my DJ days, I once placed a mirror atop the studio mic with a label that read “ElectroVoice Ego Feeder.”
It was interesting to see who laughed and who got ticked off!

4 Likes

That is hilarious!!

3 Likes

Got ticked off!! :wink: hahaha

@BanjoBen I enjoyed the podcast. The stories about growing up with a sling shot hit too close to home. I recently found my old set of forks that me and dad made when I was in first grade. There are tons of YouTube videos on stringing up a slingshot using exercise bands. Well I strung mine up this morning and out to the gravel drive I went. I picked out almost round 1/2” rocks and nailed a small tree about 40’ away on the third shot.

I can see in the future that your camps might have to have a slingshot session/ competition.

5 Likes

@BanjoBen thanks for sharing this, and introducing us (me at least) to Vince Moreno’s podcasts. I’ve always appreciated how down-to-earth you and other folks in the bluegrass genre have been, and glad to know there are many others in the Nashville scene who share some of these same values.

3 Likes