Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

My Little Georgia Rose take 2 with vocals

Fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

If I had any input for making it better (and this is extremely minor) it’d be to back off the reverb just a little bit. I speak from experience. I have a tendency to overdo the effects on my recordings. I think adding too much reverb takes away from the “presence” of the audio.

At any rate, this is so awesome I almost feel like a heel even mentioning it. Great work!

1 Like

No that’s a fair comment Mark. I do have a habit of adding perhaps a bit too much reverb sometimes. I have tried to back it off a bit. Trouble is when you’ve been sitting mixing for hours your ear sometimes gets immune to it. Probably tomorrow when I listen again through headphones I’ll notice it more :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

In answer to your question Ken, I used Logic pro to record. Used a condenser mic with phantom power through a focusrite USB preamp to mac. Then used effects in logic pro such as a compressor, limiter and some eq etc. The mic I used on this is a supercardiod warbler MKVI. I do also have an Se 2200T valve mic that I use sometimes.

Amazing job, @Jono! It sounds great!

1 Like

Thanks micah. :+1:

thanks Jono. I appreciate you taking the time to answer a technical question about recording acoustic instruments and voices and the processing of sounds. I really enjoyed you recording and am glad you shared it with us. Keep up the good word. Looking forward to hearing more!!

1 Like

Your welcome, it’s nice to have good feedback from friends here on the forum, helps encourage me to keep practising/learning and hopefully improving. :+1:

Great job! I enjoyed listening

1 Like

I know this problem all too well, in addition to getting overly excited and posting a recording I later wish I had tweaked a little differently. That has happened with practically every recording I’ve ever done. I just can’t wait!! LOL!!

Looking forward to your future releases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome pal really enjoyed it :+1:

1 Like

I really enjoyed that! It actually inspired me to maybe try it out myself . You definitely got my foot tapping. Thanks a lot for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic job!!!

1 Like

Adding to the reverb discussion… I have to try to watch my tendencies as well. I like it, but I don’t typically want to hear a track and think “reverb”. And yes, ear fatigue is crazy. Mix it, come back the next day, and I’d be convinced that somebody got in there and changed everything. Just joining everyone in the misery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, this is very professional! I like it very much. All blended nicely, beautiful!!

1 Like

Awesome! I sure had fun jamming along to that!

1 Like

haha, I also had fun jamming to it!

very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks Ben, I’m honoured you found time to jam along with it. :+1:

2 Likes

OK Jon, I liked your sound tack when I heard it; catchy. Georgia Rose was played at a jam I attended last night; catchy.

This morning I discovered I have a tab for it so I learned it; catchy. :smile: And it’s fun to play… cause it’s catchy.

2 Likes

I’m right there with the rest of y’all on the reverb thing. One thing I have learned to do is never upload anything with out first sleeping on it a few nights.

1 Like

I wish I could say I’ve learned that lesson, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that I haven’t learned that lesson. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes