Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

My Little Georgia Rose take 2 with vocals

Well, I recorded all the tracks, through in some vocals and a few shouts for fun. Hope you like it. Still working on getting my pickin a bit smoother, but guess that will come with time hopefully. (Fingers crossed)
I was going to try some vamping but I couldnt quite get it right :joy: So anyway, did ma best yā€™all :wink:

10 Likes

Love this Jon. Outstanding! Just curious; how did you work in the voice harmony? Did you overdub your own voice then? Sounds great!

1 Like

Thanks mate. Yes I recorded each track. Guitar, banjo, mandolin, etc. Then vocals. Harmonies are just me again on separate tracks for each. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Jonā€¦great job all around ! what did you use for mics, multitracking and effects ?

1 Like

Love it! :heart: Love it! :heart: Just Love it! :heart: Jon. I am still working on it

1 Like

Fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

If I had any input for making it better (and this is extremely minor) itā€™d be to back off the reverb just a little bit. I speak from experience. I have a tendency to overdo the effects on my recordings. I think adding too much reverb takes away from the ā€œpresenceā€ of the audio.

At any rate, this is so awesome I almost feel like a heel even mentioning it. Great work!

1 Like

No thatā€™s a fair comment Mark. I do have a habit of adding perhaps a bit too much reverb sometimes. I have tried to back it off a bit. Trouble is when youā€™ve been sitting mixing for hours your ear sometimes gets immune to it. Probably tomorrow when I listen again through headphones Iā€™ll notice it more :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

In answer to your question Ken, I used Logic pro to record. Used a condenser mic with phantom power through a focusrite USB preamp to mac. Then used effects in logic pro such as a compressor, limiter and some eq etc. The mic I used on this is a supercardiod warbler MKVI. I do also have an Se 2200T valve mic that I use sometimes.

Amazing job, @Jono! It sounds great!

1 Like

Thanks micah. :+1:

thanks Jono. I appreciate you taking the time to answer a technical question about recording acoustic instruments and voices and the processing of sounds. I really enjoyed you recording and am glad you shared it with us. Keep up the good word. Looking forward to hearing more!!

1 Like

Your welcome, itā€™s nice to have good feedback from friends here on the forum, helps encourage me to keep practising/learning and hopefully improving. :+1:

Great job! I enjoyed listening

1 Like

I know this problem all too well, in addition to getting overly excited and posting a recording I later wish I had tweaked a little differently. That has happened with practically every recording Iā€™ve ever done. I just canā€™t wait!! LOL!!

Looking forward to your future releases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome pal really enjoyed it :+1:

1 Like

I really enjoyed that! It actually inspired me to maybe try it out myself . You definitely got my foot tapping. Thanks a lot for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic job!!!

1 Like

Adding to the reverb discussionā€¦ I have to try to watch my tendencies as well. I like it, but I donā€™t typically want to hear a track and think ā€œreverbā€. And yes, ear fatigue is crazy. Mix it, come back the next day, and Iā€™d be convinced that somebody got in there and changed everything. Just joining everyone in the misery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool, this is very professional! I like it very much. All blended nicely, beautiful!!

1 Like

Awesome! I sure had fun jamming along to that!

1 Like