Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

My favourite season

I don’t know about you guy’s but “The Fall” is perhaps my favourite time of year. It sparks memories of my childhood walking through woodland paths kicking up the fallen leaves and watching the wildlife prepare for winter. If any of you have kids I strongly encourage you to take them on a trip to experience mother natures autumn gold . To just stroll through the forest, kick up the leaves, watch the wildlife and smell some clean unpolluted air.

I am sure we all have an ugly strip of land, old industrial estate, disused mine that is an huge eyesore in our community, abandoned by the owners for a decade or more and left to mother nature to claim it back. It really angers me to see plots of land that have been abandoned in this way creating a blot on the landscape. It’s at this time of year that I get the urge to fight back. On my walks I collect nuts, tree and wild flower seeds and secretly plant and scatter the seeds on the boundary of the wasteland to help mother nature speed the process of recovery. My efforts may seem futile to some but I believe that if just one seed germinates and grows into a mature tree then I will have done my small part.

Let me know if your planning a trip with your kids to see the autumn gold this fall.

Autumn2

1 Like

We were hoping the aspens were a bit farther along on our trip out west, but they were just starting to change. We want to head northeast next year during this time to hopefully see some amazing colors.

Fall is probably my favorite season too. We’re just starting to get some coolness in the morns before the sun comes up.

2 Likes

Best time is a day or two after the first frost.

Fall is my favorite time of year, too. A cool breeze and a respite from the heat of summer are always a welcome change.

1 Like

It’s definitely my favorite season. We’re going to the mountains of NC for a little vacation end of this month. It’s the best time of year to be in the Great Smoky Mountains when all the leaves are changing.

1 Like

cries in Florida

2 Likes

I miss seasons. Here in the desert, it gets a little cold in the winter months, but we really don’t have any seasons. As a kid I loved fall.

2 Likes