Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Musical Adventures

Never before heard Sea of Heartbreak bluegrass style. Loved it!

1 Like

@BanjoBen I had a rude awakeningā€¦had to change up my fiddle playing big time to fit all the Sparks/Stanley sounding stuffā€¦amazing how different the feel is on the fiddle backup

@Treblemaker Itā€™s a great song done Bluegrass! Been playing it a lot of years.

I can remember my dad playing the Don Gibson album with Sea of Heartbreak and Oh Lonesome me over and over. That was over 50 years ago. Doesnā€™t seem that long ago either. Man, Iā€™m old!

Man that was great! There are some mighty fine pickers in that group. That mando player must melt a few picks at every jam session.

1 Like

Nice job Dave! I am enjoying it.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it.

Hoping I get something useable from our show on the 19th. ā€¦weā€™ll have the full band there thenā€¦

Rainy day here Dave so I finally listened to your music. I thought it was outstanding. It must be nice to have the talent to hop on stage with folks and make music. Great job!

1 Like

Hi Dave how come you got stuck behind the bass player in the Robert Lester Vid ?

Got caught in the rain twice at work today but each time was right at quitting timeā€¦haha lucked out.

Thanks for the complimentā€¦Iā€™m not sure about 'talent"ā€¦ Iā€™ve been playing for many yearsā€¦it all comes in time with some effort put inā€¦

1 Like

Because itā€™s the safe spot I chose to play, and due to stage sizeā€¦plus I;m not singing, or Robertsā€™ Son, so just secondary personnelā€¦:wink:

Heading out this morning to set up camp for Charlotte Bluegrass Festival.

It doesnā€™t start until next Thursday, but Iā€™ve got plenty of work to do before thenā€¦keeping track of early campers, setting up traffic control and parking, etc.

going to be a busy week going back and forth between work here andwork there

3 Likes

Have fun, buddy!

1 Like

Rolled into home last night. Had an awesome time!

Worked pretty steady throughout the fest but did find time for a jam each night.

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping you have some video of the event to share. Glad to hear you had a good time!

I didnā€™t personally have the time to video anythingā€¦but there are several out there in Fb worldā€¦

I did manage to audio record a guitar pullā€¦my friend Luke got to play with Clay Hess, Jeff Autry, and Skip Cherryholmes.

My recording didnā€™t turn out real great, but my buddy Jerry Eicher recorded it also and will be playing it this thursday on his show http://www.olhippiebluegrassshow.com/ on Worldwide Bluegrass

Another big highlight on stage was when Edgar Loudermilk & Steve Dilling had a reunion with Russell Moore during IIIrd time outā€™s set.

2 Likes

My next adventure begins Thursday with the summer NAMM show! Jake is coming in town and weā€™ll be bringing you video of all the new cool stuff thatā€™s coming out.

4 Likes

Awesomeā€¦always wanted to attend one. Iā€™ve had lots of friends go but never been myself.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been living that adventure through Instagram posts. Hope to make it some day.
Noticed J.D. Crowe made an appearance (walkabout). Royalty!

BTW Iā€™m jd81goldie on intstagram.

1 Like

Attended the last festival my dear friend George Carr will promote at Salt River Acres in Central Michigan this weekend.

George, was diagnosed as terminally ill with a rare pancreatic cancer, and wanted to live to see through the 40th year of his festivalā€¦

George made it through the festival, though bedridden, and passed away last night at 8:30.

Kris, Georgesā€™ wife, asked me to sing the song I wrote about the cabin on their property on stage Saturdayā€¦giving me just a few hours to borrow a guitar and find someone to help me on it. Had some friends playing the first set of the evening and they were gracious enough to help me out after their set was finished.

Managed to borrow an old D35 I used to ownā€¦never should have sold that one, might be the best guitar Iā€™ve ownedā€¦it was great to play it again.

Saw lots of old friends and a bunch of extended familyā€¦had fun enjoying the music and people just as George wishedā€¦RIP old friend

3 Likes

Awww, man. Iā€™m sad for you and happy for you at the same time. Thank God for good old guitars and friends.

1 Like