Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Most Stable Guitar Stands?

I’m looking for a stable guitar floor stand that will protect the instrument from falling over if bumped, ran into, etc. When I play at church we’re in pretty tight spaces and using my case to store the instrument takes up a lot of room.

Anybody have recommendations for a stable guitar stand? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy with my On-Stage XCG4 Black Tripod Guitar Stand

But then I try not to bump and run into it or push it over.

I’ve not seen any stand that will protect an instrument from falling over. Only people taking a sensible amount of care can prevent that.

2 Likes

I agree with Dave, that kind of stand is the best bet for banjos. At our church, we have a triple hanging stand.

It works great, but not for banjos.

2 Likes

I only use this one for banjo or put it in the case:

Always used Hamilton for guitar. Not 100% fall-over-proof but best I’ve tried:

4 Likes

The Hercules stands are pretty stable. I have never seen one knocked over (knock on wood). That said, if it is tight on the stage, that can be nerve wracking. I’d ask if I could put a hanger on the wall.

4 Likes

I especially get nervous when my guitar/banjo/mandolin/bass is on a floor stand on the edge of the stage. :fearful:

3 Likes

I’ve found something like this to be really sturdy if you’re swapping instruments.

https://www.amazon.com/Hercules-GS525B-5-Piece-Guitar-Rack/dp/B004P0MWCU?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B004P0MWCU

5 Likes

I love the wood Cooperstand I got from Banjo Ben. It’s really incredible to be able to open my case and have the stand already inside of it… The one I had before was similar to the on-stage stand thing, and it was fine but I had to carry it separately. The CS works great for my Dobro and Banjo.

6 Likes

I have a CooperStand as well. I used to have a few, but the rest got gifted. They are great and very portable.

5 Likes

I almost went for a CooperStand, but didn’t like that they don’t have neck supports. Have you guys experienced any stability issues?

2 Likes

Nope, no stability issues whatsoever. Will it survive a tipping motion as well as one that locks at the neck? No, I don’t think it would. However, I never like to leave (long term) guitars on any stand. Hanging up on a wall or in a case is a “safe” spot. Stands are for temporary use in my way of thinking.

3 Likes

Mark, I have exactly that! Super happy with it too. I keep it in our music room, but due to the size, I don’t take it to gigs unless it’s a big gig. It is very stable though…for sure.

4 Likes

No, they are actually remarkably stable. My sister has the plastic one, which is built to be flexible. It works well too, but I prefer the non-flexible wood one.

3 Likes

@Mark_Rocka, that looks like bike rack! :grin:
I aspire to one day be able to fill one of these up…it does look like a killer stand, though.

3 Likes