Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

“Mini-banjo”?

How cool is this?

“Hey, play a little Foggy Mountain!”

11 Likes

I’ve seen one before and I had the same response, I WANT ONE!!!

5 Likes

That little thing you would not think it would sound that good but, that is great

4 Likes

As @AdamAsh told me when I tried to order one through BBGS:

That banjo is a hand-built banjo for Russ Carson as a miniature version of his 1981 Gold Star JD Crowe. It’s not built by Gold Star.

Thanks, @AdamAsh, still just awesome though!

6 Likes

The banjo in the video is made by a man named Marvin Walker, in North Carolina. I originally contacted him about making me one, but he is very busy and was unable to get around to it for a long time (over a year…) So I asked Randy Wood, who made my Featherlight Performance banjo, to make me a mini version. Within a month, I had it in hand. I’ve been meaning to upload a video of it but I keep forgetting. It’s not quite as small as Russ’ banjo.

PS… Randy is now making two more mini banjos… one for my brother (@Timothy_L) and one to sell…

10 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

Do you have any idea what he will be asking for the one that is for sale I might would be interested

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly but I think it’s around the $4,000 range.

Phone: (912) 748-1930

If you tell Randy you got his name from me and are interested in a mini Featherlight banjo he will probably give you a better deal :slight_smile: :+1:

Luke

1 Like

I liked it but not for that much $$$$ LOL