Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

MIDI Synth

TablEdit recommends VirtualMIDIsynth to get better sound from the program. I’m not completely technology illiterate, but I’m struggling with this one. Does anyone have experience with this? How can I get somewhat more realistic sounds for the midi player? Is there other software you might recommend? I guess I can live with the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, but if I can do better, why would I not?

2 Likes

Eeww…it sounds like an impossible task to me. I’m not sure what you mean by “better sound,” but if you want a MIDI file to sound more like the real thing, good luck! Every MIDI file I’ve ever heard has sounded like an electronic synthesizer.

But I’m from the 20th Century. Maybe it’s better these days.

1 Like

So I have been using TablEdit for about 12 years, and have always used the Microsoft Midi Mapper. I don’t believe your can achieve perfect instrument quality from a midi output. Even if you have a computer with a good quality soundcard speakers and headphones the output still won’t be perfect. Perhaps the best person to ask is the software developer Matthieu Leschemelle on the TablEdit Group Forum
https://tabledit.com/contact/index.shtml

1 Like