Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Merry Chirstmas Y'all

To help you get in the Christmas spirit here’s a few carols and Christmas tunes I recorded a few years back.

14 Likes

Great Job @Archie! I like the modulation.

3 Likes

Tricky but fun tunes to learn. :santa::santa::santa:

3 Likes

Good show!

4 Likes

@Archie you’ve done a fine job bringing on the Christmas spirit :blush:!
Something I’ve noticed is the number of musical people that say they enjoy listening to Christmas music, but not singing or playing it. I wonder how common that really is… (I enjoy both!)

3 Likes

@Simone, I tried to upload an audio clip of “We wish you a merry Christmas” a couple of days ago but it was too big to do it. So I’m holding off until I have an youtube account or something similar created. :frowning: So in the meanwhile I’m enjoying listening to music our talented musicians up here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jmonickaraj1 ,
I am enjoying the listening as well :grin:! Looking fwd to your recording! I’m not even sure how one would upload an audio clip to here… probably need an account on another platform?

3 Likes

Just use the upload button next to </> symbol. But it only allows a very limited size and I think it also keeps track of your usage that it may prohibit you on cumulative basis, not 100% sure though.

Sure I’ll create a small size clip and upload. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice picking Archie!

I’m the opposite, I like playing Christmas music, but I don’t like listening to most of it cuz it’s mostly too jazzy or pop-y

2 Likes

Hi John, It’s not possible to upload audio or video to this site. You’ll need to create a YouTube or Vimeo account, Upload files there then simply post a link to the file from here.

2 Likes

Awesome Archie, and a very Merry Christmas to you as well Sir.

Thanks for the Vids buddy!!

3 Likes

Archie, see I did it… :wink: This is the first one I did after joining this forum a year and a half ago. This is Jerusalem My Happy Home (Or There is fountain).
\https://banjoben-discourse-upload.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/2X/4/401f4c24cf2c00f6d6f4f724419acd7b77ef4b70.mp3

4 Likes

Hi John, Right all my attempts to upload audio and video files during the Beta Testing phase failed and it was considered back then the best way to display these files was to use YouTube because of file storage issues with the website server. I know if an image file is too large it will be rejected so I guess the same is true of other media. So to avoid any further disappointment may I suggest you go ahead and create that YouTube account. All you need to do then is paste the URL on the Forum and it’s much more easy to access. i.e. no need to download the file in order to access.

3 Likes

Nice picking @jmonickaraj1!!! Twas over a year for me before I posted any picking either!

3 Likes

Archie, yeah sounds like that’s what I have to do as I can’t upload large files. I’ll soon create an account and post.

Simone, thanks. Before I join here, I used to play chords in finger picking style fashion using thumb and 3 fingers. That kind of helped me learn this song quickly. Also at the time of joining this site, I was in between projects and had a lot of time. So I spent plenty of time practicing - some 1000 times or so. :slight_smile:

3 Likes