Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Memorizing

“handed down from ear to ear” I love It!!!

— Begin quote from "jbsjr"

“handed down from ear to ear”

— End quote

That should be the title of a bluegrass song. Who’s gonna write it?

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

The first thing that comes to mind is his “advanced” version of the staple song “Wildwood flower.” Looking at the tab, starting in measure 12 he crosspicks a progression from the base C to E7, to Am7 to Edim before resolving back to the familiar F.

— End quote

I am new to this board and want to ask a question about a year old discussion. So please bear with me.

I have the Wildwood Flower TEF file and I don’t recognize what you are describing, at least not as I see the tab. I hear it in the only “advanced version” that I have the video of. Came from youtube but the one on the BanjoBen site is the same. Is there a different tab file I should be looking for? The Tony Rice lesson on you tube shows a similar arrangement but with a C E7 Am F sequence and I am just not getting the timing right. I was hoping to see it in the TEF file of Wildwood Flower.

BTW I can do a crude version of Tony Rice or Norman Blake’s Wildwood flower but Banjo Ben’s advanced version is still out of reach my reach.

Thanx in advance for any help you can offer.

Hi Jim,
Ben has two versions of Wildwood Flower, basic and advanced. What I referring to is in the advanced version. To find it, if you look under the advanced tabs, one is there . In that TEF, the file progression I was describing starts in measure 12 and ends back in F in measure 14.
I hope that helps. If not, let me know and I’ll try again!

That was the one I was after. Don’t know why I didn’t see it before. Thanx Much

Jim Jones