Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Membership upgrade!

My annual membership came up for renewal this month, so I decided to upgrade and become a lifetime member…BanjoBen, ive done my part, now it’s up to you to get me playing like the guy in the video below…

11 Likes

Hi @Lefty70 That’s a tall order. Let’s see where on the mountain you are currently parked. :guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

4 Likes

Ok @Lefty70,

Do tell, Earl - WHO is THIS? :thinking::facepunch::metal:

Oh… and a hearty Congratulations - joining us Lifers… glad to have you among us!

4 Likes

Oh, I’m afraid I’m still at he foot of the mountain Archie, but I’m retired and have nothing but time…hahahaha

3 Likes

A guy by the name of Justin Johnson. He showed up on my Facebook page promoting a spring loaded thumb pick made by black rock.

2 Likes

In that case you had better put on those crampons it’s a mighty steep learning curve. Just to offer up some words of encouragement I didn’t take up the banjo until I was 61. I turn 73 in August. Most of what I know I learned from @BanjoBen and the best investment I ever made was to sign up as a life member.

2 Likes

I just turned 72 Mar 4th. Tried JamPlay for a year before I found the BanjoBen site. I find his method of teaching to be much clearer and the songs he teaches are more n line with what I enjoy learning to play. Plus , he just seems to be a fine Christian family man who enjoys sharing his gift, and I like supporting him.

6 Likes

As a practice, I don’t “do Facebook”… but because there have been some recent religious posts and LIVE events, I had to break down and begrudgingly give-in to establiing a basic account in order to see them.

My consolation is that if ever there was a valid reason, getting access to INSPIRATIONAL material was be BEST reason… including @BanjoBen stuff too.

Thanks for the info… because I will see what else he has done as he is clearly a gifted player.

3 Likes

Amen to that Brother.

I am sure you have seen that lovely piece the TV station did on @BanjoBen’s talented sisters… but that story was sooooo inspiring - telling their story to support the passing of their father and their family farm.

A wonderful Christian FAMILY - indeed.

3 Likes

But I guess it’s going to be quite a challenge to make lefty into an all righty.

3 Likes

Nope…not going to happen. I’m to old to change. Plus , I have 4 lefthanded guitars and a lefthanded Martin HD 28 on order. So, just to much invested. In addition, I don’t want to change…lol

4 Likes

There is some saying about Teaching old dogs… but it doesn’t apply 'cuz you are too young.

3 Likes

Well, I may not be on Jordon’s stormy banks just yet, but I can sure see um…hahahaha

2 Likes