Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Martin Tony Rice monel strings

Elderly Instruments is having a string sale (15% off all strings) until the 18th. I’m not sure if you have to recieve an e-mail from them or not to get the coupon code. You may be able to call and get one, really not sure.

The TR signature Monels are only $6.65 a set before the 15% off! I haven’t seen anyone else close to that, not even E-bay or Amazon. They do seem to be going up in price. I’m thinking when Elderly gets in new shipments, they may increase their price as well, we’ll see. I just ordered 7 sets, should be good for awhile. I also ordered a set of Thomas Vinci Nickel Plated Steel 13 - 57. Anyone tried these?

Just wanted anyone interested to know about the sale and the monels. Seems like a few of us are liking them.

I haven’t tried the Thomas Vinci NP… The sale sounds good. I might need to order some strings.

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

Welder, I bet the Monels would sound good with your guitar! I could be wrong, but I would think it’s a good match.

— End quote

They are great on my guitar and may buy some finger ease so I can still use them and not get sore fingers and so far that is the only thing I have found with them . I reallly like the tone and loudness is good also, even the bass strings sound punchy and bright .

Not compatible with me I guess I got spoiled with the coated strings , thats really to bad because I like the sound of the strings . They are brutal on my fingers left and right hand when doing fingers style . No strings for old men , mmm? maybe we could make a movie about that .