Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Mandolin Chop 3/4 Waltz Time

Good luck! Hope it helps.

See if using X in place of the eliminated notes helps too.

1 Like

Sounding good. I had to used the Combination Dead Note and turn down the instrument volume. Cheers Buddy.

2 Likes

Cool! Glad it worked out!

As a side note…when backing a guitar break on banjo I’d use all dead notes sometimes…:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I am fine Tabbing stuff out on the banjo but everything else instrument wise is out of my comfort zone. Sometimes I just need someone to help point me in the right direction.

2 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Mark I appreciate your input too.

2 Likes

Just came inside from mowing as its starting to thunderstorm… :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::confounded::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:
This was interesting to read even though I dont use the TEF files at all, because I do use two and/or three finger chords on the G ,D, or G, D, A strings for alot of my chop chords…

2 Likes

Hi @Simone what I am trying to do here is emulate a mandolin rhythm chop in a TEF File to help me stay focused when playing banjo in waltz time. I like the sound of the Boom Chuck Chuck. in my head as I noodle around a chord progression. Dave & Michael were a great in helping me find a solution.

2 Likes