Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Mando fretboard flashcards

Hi gang:

I use flashcards to learn a lot of things, and I thought I’d share with you how you can (should be able to :crossed_fingers:) access a set I made on a flashcards app called Chegg.

First thing you should know is Chegg has gone through three different versions of its app in recent years, so look for and download “Chegg Study”

Once you’re on the home page, at the bottom is a search icon:

On the next screen, make sure you’ve selected “flashcards” for your search, then in the search bar type “mandolin fretboard.”

Once you’re there, you should see a screen like this, with the orange button “practice all cards” at the bottom.

If you find my deck, you should be able to find a way to bookmark or favorite the deck so you’ll always be able to find it easily.

When you do that, you’re all good! Last thing is, once you’re in the practice screen, hit the shuffle button in the upper right.

I’ve only made cards for the natural notes, and also have not done any cards above the 12th fret. I could make a new deck if someone wanted, however.

The deck is set to public, meaning anyone with the app should be able to access it and use it. Let me know if you have problems!

~~ Shepherd

6 Likes

Cool idea @todd2

Great, thanks for this @todd2