Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Mando Bill Cheatum 150

haha…I had a plan until the dog decided to scratch himself & sneeze…it was kinda free for all after that…wouldn’t you know he’s sleeping like a babe now…:roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Very nice and picked right thru the ‘distraction’!! Would the dog happen to be Otis? The music made me smile, then the scratching & sneezing dog made me smile again! A big ole silly grin cuz that sort of thing happens all the time at our house!

3 Likes

Really nice picking! Very melodically interesting with great variation. I enjoyed listening!

2 Likes

Really nice!

3 Likes

Great job, a barely noticed. My dog is pretty quiet, but if she hears something outside she starts barking up a storm. I really should start learning those melodic mandolin solos, but right now I have to work on electric guitar for church this week.

3 Likes

Nice job. On “Skaggs and Rice”, Ricky hits a wrong (not creative, WRONG) open note on a break and they just left it in there. I think they wanted it there as a testament to the (this is my guess) one-take philosophy they used for that album. It made me love it all the more. Knowing a bit about Otis makes me love his musical addition to Bill Cheatam as well.

3 Likes

Thanks all!

The 1st & second breaks are very roughly based on Ben’s lesson, the 3rd comes from a fiddle break Brian Arrowood played in a jam that was on youtube.

@Simone Yes that is Otis. On later takes (trying to improve it) he decided he wanted to cuddle and lay his head on my right arm ar against the mando…big time helper…:roll_eyes:

@Mike_R thanks, this was about take #15 or so out of maybe 40-50 …I don’t expect to get it perfect…usually I spend several hours recording and save the ones I “make it through” , then just pick the one that either came out the best or is the most interesting.

4 Likes

Sounds great…thanks for sharing!!!

3 Likes

Very nice, I enjoyed listening to it!

2 Likes

thanks Guys!

2 Likes