Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Luthier List Request

Is there a list of certified, and/or reliable luthiers in Florida ?

1 Like

They’re often specialized, so let me know what you need done and which region you’re willing to drive to. I don’t know of a list unless you go to some of the bigger manufacturers and look for certified repair shops.

1 Like

Thanks Ben. Problem solved (hopefully) by Jake. :+1:

I have a Martin custom shop that I accidentally dropped and split the back (and my heart) in July of last year. I took it to my local authorized Martin place here in Houston that claims they will take off the back, glue it up, refinish the back, reglue the crossbraces back in place and fix the binding. They have had it since July with no movement on when they will get to it. I would be curious as to where people would reccommed. I could take it to Austin, or Denver as I frequently head that way too.

Contact Martin directly, explain the issue with their authorized local source, and ask to send your guitar back to Nazareth for the repair by the experts. They are pricey, but you’ll get factory quality work.

1 Like

I’ve been told that Martin is even longer… Have you had experience recently in getting repairs directly thru them?

I sent my '64 D-28, which I’ve owned since new, back to Nazareth for a neck reset and bridge replacement. They did a great job, not quickly, but done. This was quite a few years ago, so I can’t speak to how expediciously they are completing work now. The one thing that I feel sure that you could expect is that they would tell you up front when you could anticipate the work to be done.

1 Like

My friend dropped his guitar off at Martin for repairs a few months ago. It was ready to be shipped back to him about 8 weeks later.

1 Like