Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Luke & Timothy Lindblom banjo and guitar duet

Hi Libby, If your replying to my post. I mean that at times the two instruments are clashing, overplaying one another.

Oh ok. I guess that’s what happens when two pros of the same level jam. That doesn’t happen to me when I jam with either of them :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Roll muddy river roll on muddy river roll ooonnnnnn

6 Likes

I’ve never been half your level. You and @Michael_Mark are so far above me I don’t even bother trying to catch up

4 Likes

Nice one @Flatpickin_Libby It’s just boys being boys. Very competitive 1 .

2 Likes

OK that must be your another brother… :slight_smile:
Discuss the Guitar lesson: Old Joe Clark- Basic Melody - Discuss Lessons - Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

1 Like

Yeah I was talking about Logan (15) in that post there. He competed in youth guitar at Galax the past 2 years. He’s just getting started.

2 Likes

He is doing a great job @Flatpickin_Libby applaud

1 Like

Don’t try to catch up to her. Just be different.
PSST play tony rice licks

4 Likes

I played a few

Because in the bluegrass guitar world it’s so “different” to play Tony Rice licks? :laughing:

Nice job, fellas! Whew!

3 Likes

That was awesome!

2 Likes

Sounded like you were telling him to be different from me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never know, soon you will be on course to becoming “catch me if you can!” :wink: like both of them. (to me, it looks you already are! :slight_smile: ) Who is the fastest here - Michael? - 270bpm (or 540bpm)??!!

1 Like

Depends on whether the tone is allowed to be terrible or not. I can rip it pretty fast after a 30 minute warmup but it sounds a bit thin :joy:

1 Like

I bet everyone can though.

1 Like

Probably people like your age or less can! But even at being terrible or “muddy” if I were to borrow from Archie, I find reaching speed is somewhat challenging! :frowning: Compared to you guys I spent much less time, that could be a reason too.

1 Like

I can go pretty fast but I’ve got some tone work to do. Not sure if it’s me or my $100 guitar. Probably a combination of both :joy:

1 Like