Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lucille Ball - Banjo

3 Likes

Me and my sister actually watch that show most evenings since they took off Gomer Pyle USMC. It’s… Interesting :joy:

2 Likes

I hate to dis on her, because I loves me some Lucy, but am I the only one who thinks she’s not really playing that banjo? Her left hand just doesn’t seem to be moving like it should.

3 Likes

OMG, I saw this and almost gave up the banjo!

2 Likes

I watched these shows on a Black & White monochrome TV when I was a kid that was 65 years ago.

1 Like

I don’t think any of them are playing banjo.

1 Like

You’re probably right. I wasn’t watching the others. I did notice the bass player’s hand flailing about all weird-like. I wonder if it was just all canned music. Say it ain’t so, Lucy!

1 Like

That’s awesome. I love the Andy Griffith Show and Gomer Pyle USMC. I can’t really stand I Love Lucy but Here’s Lucy is better haha.

It was Desi I couldn’t stand. In later years the show was a big turnoff for me. But as a kid it was funny.

1 Like

Oh really? I think he’s actually kinda funny sometimes :joy:

I got news for you… She wasn’t playing the guitar either!

But in all fairness the dancing looked like it took a lot of work.

3 Likes

I dunno. Watch Wayne Newton’s left hand. It sure looks like some legitimate chord shapes…if you can stand seeing the routine again. I cannot. :grimacing:

Once was enough for me @BanJoe

1 Like

Wayne Newton actually can play the banjo. Not sure if he’s doing it in the video above (looks kinda real at least the left hand). Also not sure who’s doing what in this recording but thought I’d share. Anybody else remember him on Bonanza?

2 Likes

In total jest, at the beginning, I thought there was a parody of the Carpenters happening here…

:smiley::grin::laughing:

I liked Lucy, back when she worked at the bank with Mr. Mooney.