Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Looking for new banjo (up to about $1600), need recommendations / IT HAS ARRIVED

Great choice @maggie.williams1 I hope your remembered to tell @BanjoBen to HURRYUP and secure a 10% discount.

1 Like

Indeed I did… :grinning:

3 Likes

Great choice!

Hi @maggie.williams1 now that you have the RK in transit you do realise that you will soon have the tools to play like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSJ3c9OuUY8

Kenny Ingram on his new RK Elite Banjo

Suhhhh-weet

1 Like

Jonathan, I sure hope you’re right

He’s right. I played this banjo…it is killer.

1 Like

When you get your banjo please post something up so we can all see and hear it! We’re all pretty excited for you!

Will do

Oooooo, Happy New Banjo Day to me, Happy New Banjo Day to me… :slight_smile:

My new RK-76 Elite arrived today in great shape. Packed amazingly well, the banjo is gorgeous and so is the case for that matter, it even has that new banjo case smell. The wood is beautiful as are the inlays. Honestly though, I was not prepared for how heavy this thing is, it has to be twice as heavy as my old banjo. It sounds purty and it really projects, it’ll peel the paint, as they say, for sure.

I’m still getting used to it. It has a shorter neck so the frets are not quite as far apart, which is great for me. I was struggling a little bit in certain songs that required a reach I couldn’t quite make, but now I can. The top and bottoms of the frets themselves are nice and smooth; no more cutting my hand and snagging my calloused finger tips as I move up and down the neck.

Jake installed the spikes for me and they work great, so easy to capo now. I played a couple of up the neck endings and it’s in perfect tune and sound quality up the neck is a huge improvement. Playability is a huge improvement as well; I’m not having to press so hard on the strings, I’m just not having to work so hard at it. My fret hand is not as sore as it usually gets after a couple hours.

That’s my first impressions. Thanks @Jake for looking after me and thanks @BanjoBen for turning me on to such a gem and to your whole gang for all you do. I’m really happy to be moving forward with such a quality instrument, especially after not having taken one for a test drive.

Cheers y’all

10 Likes

Hi @maggie.williams1 there will be no stopping you now. :heart_eyes::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yay!

1 Like

What a great review and Store Ensorsement.

Did you get a nice cradle soft Lakota strap… or maybe you already had one?

Do check in from time to time to share your impressions…

… cuz while I just got my new MD315 Eastman Mandolin… I’d like to order an RK with a resonator on it - RK36 probably… once I’ve payed off the ole Mando!

My current Banjo is a Hollowback Epiphone MB-100.

I am thrilled for ya!

1 Like

That’s great to hear! Can’t wait to see a video of you playing it!

i had a strap.

It’s funny, I feel kind of inadequate here cause I only play one instrument… Well, that’s gonna change one day I tell ya. I have an urge to take up guitar or mando, can’t decide which. I looked at the that 315, I love that sort of burnt wood finish, just gorgeous. So, how do you like it?

I’m sure in the right place to take up another instrument I reckon.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know about a video. I’m shy.

1 Like

Hi @maggie.williams1 I felt that way too, I bought a second hand guitar, couldn’t get into it. I bought a mandolin, gave it up and gave it away, I bought a ukulele banjo loved it, now I have four ukuleles two 4 string tenor banjos and two 5 string banjos. Moral: Be careful what you wish for.

I have long had a passion for owning one of these. However I have somehow managed to control my desire to rush out and buy one. I just don’t have that amount of money in my wallet.

1 Like

Well, that would certainly be an ambitious get

Don’t be shy, we are all buddies here. I wanna see that banjaaaaaaar! So happy for you. I wish @BanjoBen had a UK store…I would be in there everyday :laughing:

2 Likes