Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lonesome Road Blues on my new Twanger

I was in a much better mood when I sat down to record this. iMovie crashed on me literally every time I got a good take. I was hoping to record with my nice USB microphone, but instead I ended up just using my phone’s mic just to get something to post. I may try again at a later date. This Twanger sounds SOOOO GOOOOD!

17 Likes

Wow… This so awesome, even if you had saved something better for us, Mark!!!

1 Like

Nice job, Mark! Soundin’ great (you and the Twanger). Really enjoyed hearing this.

1 Like

Phenomenal! And I really like the tone. The way my ears are hearing it, it is quite “Gibsonesque”, and I believe I read that’s what Ben was going for, so that is very cool.

Couldn’t see where you’re picking hand was, but it looked like it was fairly close to the bridge. Is that where you usually play? I’m asking, because it didn’t seem overly bright…(a good thing).

One more question, what are you listening to in your headphones, (guitar and banjo or just guitar), and how does it benefit you?

Jack

1 Like

I’m guessing, TEF file music for tempo accuracy (instead of using a metronome) and to avoid having to turn paper sheet music?? I tend to use headphone for these while playing/practicing. hmm but then Mark is not looking at sheet music!! OK I think then to get feedback while preventing re-echo??

Sounds great!

1 Like

Yes, I normally play with my right pinky touching the bridge.

Ben’s backing track from the lesson… basically everything you hear in the video that’s not banjo is what I’m hearing in the headphones. I record a clean banjo channel, then go back and sync it with the backing track.

Thanks everyone! The Twanger is one of those rare instances where the product lives up to the hype. It’s a mighty fine instrument.

1 Like

DUDE!

Can’t see your picking hand though. Must see picking hand.

DUDE! That was fantastic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, after having to resort back to my phone mic, I had to choose between a closer shot and better sound quality or a wider shot and worse sound. I tried to split the difference.

1 Like

Of course I just rushed in with my comment before I saw everyone else said the same thing. I don’t mean to be, you know… PICKING on you. Yeah, from a mile away, y’all saw that coming.

Thanks John, so headphones are good for practicing as well? This is something I need to start looking into.

Treble, it is the playing along with the TEF file, rather, that helps with practicing. You can use headphone or you can listen from speakers the TEF music. But when you record it, you don’t want the return from TEF music go in to the recording. So in that case, I use headphone and play the music at volume low enough to also get feedback from my playing.

Gotcha John…Thank you.

Yep Jack! :slight_smile:

Wow, awesome! Congrats on the twanger, it sounds great! And mighty fine picking!

1 Like

Cool… nice sound and picking there :+1:

1 Like

You sure nailed that one @Mark_Rocka

1 Like

Well Mark, you always know what I say when I hear you play…:wink:

1 Like

Wow sounds awesome! And you even added a solo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! Somebody noticed! :laughing:

3 Likes