Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lightweight banjo case with shoulder straps

I’m flying to the banjo camp in Kilgore in April and in order to manage my banjo and suitcase, I’m thinking about getting a lightweight gig bag rigid foam case that has shoulder straps. I’m going to try to take the banjo on board with me, and hoping that the worst case will be that they will make me gate check it. I have a Gold Star GF-100JD. I am looking at either the Guardian CG-012-J Hard Foam - Best Feather Light Banjo Case or the Gator Banjo Lightweight Foam Case. Does anyone have experience with either? The Banjo Ben general store carries the General case and I’m leaning toward that one, but the Gator looks pretty good too. Or does anyone know of another brand. I already have a good hard case…. I’m looking for a lightweight case with shoulder straps. Thanks in advance for your input, advice, opinions etc…

2 Likes

My favorite is the Reunion blues banjo case. They’re as protective as a hard case but in a bag.
The Gator case you mentioned is a good case as well but I’ve found that the hard foam cases don’t hold up as well in the long run.

2 Likes