Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Let the cooking show commence!

By popular demand on Instagram, I am now running a cooking show I guess. Stay tuned for more videos and interesting recipes

10 Likes

When I see cooking on a music forum, this is my first thought:

7 Likes

Where’s the Bluegrass background music?

3 Likes

Next episode

4 Likes

Your slipping

3 Likes

Gonna have to try some Xima. I like the option for avoiding double dipping.

2 Likes

Any chance you could turn your camera sideways so we get a full view instead of a keyhole peek?

And just for grins & giggles, here’s my one and only cooking video!

2 Likes

I thought you were going to eat those with a stick too! :rofl:
Seriously, I’m impressed with how clean that cast iron skillet ended up. Every time I try it in a cast iron skillet, it seems like half the egg is stuck to the pan.

2 Likes

Jacque Peppin, famous chef, once said “I don’t like to cook in cast iron because the food sticks. The reason it sticks is because I don’t cook in cast iron enough.”
There are all kinds of superstitions regarding cast iron care & seasoning. What works for me is the science that says spray a small amount of cooking oil in a hot cast iron skillet, then wipe out as much as you can. The remaining oil basically turns to a polymer & gives you the non- stick finish. Soap & water will remove some of it, so simply re-spray a hot/warm skillet after washing & wipe it clean again. The polymer will continue to build up until removed by mechanical means, such as a scouring pad.

3 Likes

It sounds like xima is similar to grits??

Similar, but thicker and with finer flour ideally. Also eaten savoury, not sweet

6 Likes

welcome back Gunnar.

4 Likes