Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lessons Without Tabs

Joined this forum when I quit playing electric blues out for ah many years and moved towards older traditional acoustic guitar music. Just left and haven’t been back in awhile. Think the main reason I left were the tabs got in the way lol I didn’t want to see them on a vid lesson. So my question is…are there any intermediate or advanced guitar lessons without tabs in the videos?

Wanting traditional vid lessons because I can’t remember or even know many older traditional acoustic tunes. At 71 I’ve forgotten many many more tunes than I can remember nowadays. Now if it was electric jump/chicago blues that’s a different story.

Every lesson I’ve seen on this site has tabs. That being said, you could just size the window and move it so the tabs are below the screen’s viewable area if you really don’t want to see the tabs.

Ben does refer to them from time to time, though.

2 Likes

Hi @charlie_burt Burt Welcome back to the Forum

As @Mark_Rocka said All the lessons have TABs on screen and I get it, that might be a distraction for you but the quality of instruction is superior to any other teaching site I have visited especially when it concerns banjo.

@BanjoBen does provide MP3 files with every lesson which you can download and slow down using an MP3 Player such as Audacity https://www.audacityteam.org/

I am still learning @ 76 and it’s just as much fun now as it was when I took to learning banjo at the tender age of 61. Before that life just got in the way. Just thinking maybe @BanjoBen should start teaching Harp not sure they will let me in the pearly gates, the noise I make with my banjo.

You take care

2 Likes

I saw a post on my computer yesterday which said that a gentleman is one who knows how to play the banjo, but doesn’t.

Ah ha but I am no gentleman Sir, I am a banjo player and proud of the fact!