Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Kenny Hedrick from Danville, Virginia

What was it that first got you interested in playing the guitar, mandolin or banjo?
Girls liked musicians an I wanted to be liked. LOL.

How long have you been playing and what’s your motivation to play?
Guitar 40 yrs Mandolin 30 yrs Banjo 18 mths. Motivation to entertain myself, family and friends.

** What’s your favorite lesson on Ben’s site and how has it helped you improve?**
That’s a hard one but I enjoy the build the licks ones

What’s your goal when playing?
To have fun but always want to improve.

Are there any other instruments or genres of music that you enjoy playing?
I really enjoy all genres of music I full with upright bass a little but mandolin is my favorite.

If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Play till my fingers bleed.

How long have you been a Gold Pick member?
I would say right around 7 yrs?

What do you do for a living?
I’m a self-employed plumber.

What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
I want to go down under.

11 Likes

Hi Kenny! Congrats on being the GPotW winner!

Nice to meet you, Kenny! Congrats on being GPotW!

Great Kenny. I hope other family members play as much as you. That would make gatherings a lot of fun.

Congrats on being selected this week, and on expanding into mandolin!

Great to meet you Kenny!

Congratulations Kenny on GPOTW. Just wanted to commit on Australia. I went down there for my 40th birthday present to myself and stayed for nearly 6 weeks traveling all over. I have been to lots of countries but this was by far my favorite. It’s been a little over 19 years and I still remember every single second of my trip. Don’t put it off and just go. It’s the beginning of summer there right now. I went the first week of November and came back just before Christmas and it was the perfect time to be there. I just wish I would have stayed a couple more weeks.

2 Likes

Congrats Kenny and keep on pickin’ !

Howdy Kenny from a fellow Plumber here! Hopefully your staying busy but not too busy to do some picking. Do you mainly do residential or commercial work?

We do both but mostly light commecial

Awesome, nice to meet you Kenny! I wish I had been playing for as long as you have.