Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ken Snyder from Lilburn, Georgia

Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Hi Mike . It’s good to be a part of a group who love this music . Thanks for the reply .

2 Likes

Congratulations Ken. You have some good looking back up singers.

1 Like

Well thanks there , Pilgrim .
I’ve got to hand it to them , they rock as my back up singers !!!:notes::smile:

1 Like

Congrats Ken! If you get that supergroup together, I’ll come to the show! You chose four of my favorite musicians

1 Like

Nope not five o’clock there. It must be five o’clock somewhere! Looks like the band’s name would be the “Barnyard Animals.” Nice profile.

1 Like

Hi Ken, nice to meet you and congrats on GPOTW. I totally agree with you on Ben’s teaching style. He’s the only one out there with a personality.

I’ve had my eye on the Big Mon for some time but I’ve got get way better before I make that jump, I bet it’s a dream to play though. Hope to hear from you more often here on the forum. All the best.

1 Like

Hi Dragonslayer. I would be in awe just to be in the same room with them!!! Amazing pickers .

1 Like

Me too!

Hi Mole . It is always 5 o’clock somewhere . It’s been 5 o’clock in my music cave for at least 10 years. :flushed:. Guess I should wind it up or put in a new battery one of these days ! I was once in a band called the “Dying Heart Rhythm Section”. You can see the drum logo behind me !

1 Like

Hi Miss Maggie . Thanks for the kind words . That Big Mon was featured on a couple of Ben’s lessons. When I saw it … I had to get it . Wide nut , Engleman spruce top, solid figured maple back and sides. I had been dreaming of one after researching mandolins for several years . And best of all …Banjo Ben has played it !!! Just wish I could do it justice !

2 Likes

Great review! I wish I had your “discerning ear” … life would be somewhat easier!

2 Likes

If that is the one I remember, it’s a phenomenal one!

Hi Mandojoe49. Thanks for your comment and welcome to the Blog . I’m pretty new to it also ! How long have you been playing ? The “discerning ear” was a gift from God … not anything I I did ! But it is extremely helpful and makes listening to music much more enjoyable! Anyway , good to hear from you !!!

1 Like

You can tell I’m new to it … it’s the Forum, not the Blog :smile:

1 Like

Hi Mike. It was used on Ben’s lesson “Jesus Loves Me” and maybe one other lesson about 8 months ago! Pictures of it are still on the mandolins for sale at the General Store (Northfield F5S Big Mon…sold out). Listing
A series of pictures of 2 Big Mon mandolins … mine is the one with the solid maple back. Ben makes it sound awesome !

2 Likes

That’s the one!

1 Like

Hi Ken, and congrats on being the gpotw! Thanks for sharing your story and glad to hear from another member broadening their horizons. Best wishes on your musical pursuits.

1 Like

Hi XMARK , Thanks for the encouragement . This music is a pleasure to listen to and a joy to play ! Can’t say enough about out teacher . He’s the best !

3 Likes

@ksn740 I agree!

2 Likes