Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Just skip 2 frets

You ever discover something so obvious you felt dumb for not seeing it before? Yeah… that’s me.

15 Likes

I have taught that quite a few times, but not exactly with that vocabulary. Sometimes that’s what it takes: different vocabulary, slightly different angle, for some folks to get it. I’ll work this into a lesson!

9 Likes

I figured some form of this basically HAS to be in your Waypoints lessons. I just haven’t taken the time to go back and look since this dawned on me.

Speaking of Waypoints… this is your annual reminder to finish those up. :wink:

6 Likes

Good stuff @Mark_Rocka!

3 Likes

Eureka Moment @Mark_Rocka These positions are key factors in the Waypoints and Fretboard Geography Lessons. Also @BanjoBen covers much of this in backup lessons. Glad you highlighted this as it’s got me thinking I must have missed a lot too.

3 Likes

aye2 Aye @Mark_Rocka I’d forgotten about that @BanjoBen we are still missing the lesson in D

1 Like

Spoiler alert, guys. Take the Waypoints in C lesson and move it up 2 frets :joy:

13 Likes

It’s not really the D lesson I’m waiting for. It’s the final lesson that ties them all together that had me excited.

3 Likes

Oh wait…uh. Oh YEAH, for sure! I totally was planning on doing one of those! Yep!

7 Likes

Capo’ing Up two frets wasn’t quite what I had in mind. I’ve been studying some of Alan Munde’s Lessons in D and he has some tunes in Standard G tuning also with the fifth string capo’d. Many of the Celtic tunes I have been working on these past two years with Heath Joyce are in D and those deep tones just sound so amazing. I am currently revisiting Harvest Home which employs some tricky single string triplets and I am trying to master the timing.

Who said capo?

Right…

Archie, I may or may not have already created the chart for the D lesson. You need a copy?

1 Like

Go for it @Mark_Rocka

I’ll shoot you a PM when I get in front of my PC.

1 Like