Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Just Pickin' Round

I sat down with my banjo today and just started messing around with it (I guess noodling) anyway I came up with this. I know it’s under banjo but I would really like everyone to use this thread to post videos or recordings of things discovered while y’all noodle. I’m interested in seeing/hearing what goes on in other people’s heads I guess. A classic movie lover might recognize it. Let me know if the link doesn’t work. Thanks y’all :wolf:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14aSuSUHw7Go713D9x23GI-i0LFzCJNyo/view?usp=drivesdk

8 Likes

Doesn’t work for me for some reason.

2 Likes

I think I got it fixed.

2 Likes

You have to make it public. It seems you have it locked for people who only have a passcode. Google as two viewing options for drive.

2 Likes

Thanks if u wouldn’t mind trying it now I would appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

Good job Lone Wolf!

1 Like

I don’t recognize it but it’s pretty!

2 Likes

How about this @BanjoBen

3 Likes

Great job!
I recognized it right away even though I’m not a movie buff. My folks used to listen to some of that type stuff. Didn’t know it was “as time goes by” always referred it as “a kiss is just a kiss” , I learn something new every day lol :grin::rofl:

3 Likes

One of the most beautiful songs ever written; As Time Goes By

You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by

And when two lovers woo
They still say “I love you”
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by

Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate
Woman needs man, and man must have his mate
That no one can deny

It’s still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by

Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate
Woman needs man, and man must have his mate
That no one can deny

It’s still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by

2 Likes

Thank you! Your lesson on the Star-Spangled Banner and also some of Alan Mundes fret board geography were directing my noodling yesterday. :smile:

Beat me to it Archie

Does this mean we will be hearing a finger style guitar version soon? :clap: :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m actually considering it! ;-). Couple songs ahead of it. Finally got “Classical Gas” down. Then “Can’t Help Falling in Love with you”, then “Dancing Queen” then BB Clark’s “Power in the Blood”,. “Sweet Child of Mine”, Country Roads"… Deep River Blues…Wow I’m busy! Video recording forces me to clean-up my music and gives me a record of progress, sooooo. Coming to a Video swap near you! :wink:

5 Likes