Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

July 4th Cabin Camp Side Jam

Hey folks! Just returned from the absolute best ever weekend of learning and playing music, meeting a bunch of wonderful folks, and even getting wayyy outta my own comfort zone which was a great learning experience in its self! Thank you so much @BanjoBen - Ben “& Family & Friends & Company” for the most memorable weekend ever! As @Scottie said in his post I cant remember all the names, but I am truly Thankful and Appreciate all that yall have done for us campers :blush::purple_heart:!!

It was a little difficult to capture video since we all were picking and learning and such. However I did manage to get a short clip of @Dragonslayer and @Michael_Mark picking in between events and they’ve both given me permission to post this here. Hope yall enjoy it, I sure did, great job guys!!

27 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Oh yeah, and duh, somehow I forgot to mention how awesome it was to ACTUALLY MEET the folks I’ve “met” on here in person - AND to get to pick & visit with them… same goes for all the “new” people I met as well - yall know who you are! :grin::+1:t2::notes::notes::notes:

12 Likes

It was great to meet you too, Simone! Nice to finally put a face with the mandolin in your profile pic. And hey! You get to say you taught me how to properly handle a 5 beat measure. :laughing:

6 Likes

It was great to meet y’all, and the jamming was so fun!!! @Michael_Mark’s thumb rakes will melt your face off if you listen too closely…

8 Likes

It was so much fun to meet and jam with y’all! I’m looking forward to next year’s camp; y’all have fun going to the 2nd camp this week!

That’s one of the best compliments I’ve ever gotten :rofl:

8 Likes

wow very cool! it must be really fun to have such a camp !! unfortunately a bit too far for me … and I would have to practice quite a bit to keep up :slight_smile: Great job!!!

7 Likes

Phew! Hope Ben has a couple of fire extinguishers on hand just in case!

6 Likes

It was very nice to meet you as well, @Simone. And if anyone is intimidated by @Dragonslayer and @Michael_Mark ‘s talent, join the crowd. You don’t have to be at that level of talent to enjoy camp, by the way. :blush:

8 Likes

…and I for one am thankful for that, @JKL !

5 Likes

That means I’ll fit rite in!!!:rofl:

4 Likes

Wow you guys rock!!

3 Likes

I agree with all!!! What a fantastic weekend!!! As a beginner’s beginner, everyone was supportive, and offered great encouragement!!!

Having “World Class” instructors was beyond amazing!!! Katy and Ben along with my local teacher Doug Richardson and Jeff Watts we’re right there to coach and offer suggestions the entire time! Thank you all!!! I am blessed!!!

8 Likes