Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Joy to the world

Banjo Ben himself got involved! I got Ben’s vocal track mixed in. Ya’ll are smart to be figuring out all those harmonies!

Here’s a link:
kompoz.com/compose-collabora … kId=293905

I have some kids coming over to sing tracks tomorrow afternoon. If anyone wants to add ambient noises at the end, have at it. I can make some stuff up, but my clapping sounds like… my clapping. I never realized we all clap different.

Also, what do you think about some (live recorded) jingle bells while we are singing?

— Begin quote from ____

Ya’ll are smart to be figuring out all those harmonies!

— End quote

I’m pretty sure I didn’t figure them out so good, but it was fun trying.

— Begin quote from ____

what do you think about some (live recorded) jingle bells while we are singing?

— End quote

Since we’re kind of experimenting with this project anyway, I say go for it.

Well, I don’t think we’ll be able to get together for a jam this year, but the collaborative sing-a-long was my attempt for us to get together virtually. I have had a bunch of fun on this project, and I look forward to sharing the results with friends and family.

I got the first “complete” version of the sing-a-long posted. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Also, if anyone wants any “special” mixes (narrowing the voices used, featuring a particular voice, whatever), let me know.
kompoz.com/compose-collabora … kId=294157

I like the way it came out. Thanks everybody!

Well all right! Now, what’s next? :smiley:

I don’t recall mentioning it (and if I did already, I apologize), but I love how Ozi doubled Larry’s dobro lines in the second verse.

Very tasty work from our friend from Oz!

— Begin quote from "ldpayton"

Well all right! Now, what’s next? :smiley:

— End quote

I have two days of work left before Christmas, then I am going to light a fire, kick back and eat too much food. I have a couple special music programs to do and get ready for, so I am probably shot for a few weeks, but after that, I am game for whatever someone wants to pick. I bet some of you guys (and maybe there’s a gal out there lurking and thinking of joining in) are ready for blazing something.

That’ll just give us some time to ponder our next project. We had pretty good participation on JTTW, so it might be nice to keep the ball rolling.

I think we have a candidate song. Ben said he’d like to get another project going something like in early February. He suggested the 9 pound hammer.

Cool! I was working on some dobro licks for that song just a couple of weeks ago.

If no one else wants to grab it, I might do mandolin rhythm this time. I haven’t been playing mandolin enough and that would force me to play it a bit. I think A is the key I normally see it done. Does that work ok for the dobro?

I think you should go for the mandolin rhythm. That doesn’t preclude another mandolin (or two or three) from taking a break. We can stretch this one out as long as we need.

“A” works fine for me. I’ll just use my capo.

I have a guitar break worked up for 9# if that’s ok with everyone who wants to participate.

J.W.

Sold! I guess sooner or later we ought to make a new thread for 9# (I like the abbreviation, JW).

hmmm…he lurks with shifty eyes…hehehe

For all you lurkers out there waiting for the next collaborative, please direct your shifty eyes towards the new thread for The Nine Pound Hammer:
https://banjoebenclark.com/forum/t/the-9-pound-hammer/700/1