Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Jeff Bond from Prairie Grove, AR!

Tell us about you and your family!
Married for 35 years to Mary. We have 3 children and 5 grandchildren

What was it that first got you interested in playing the guitar, mandolin or banjo?
A good friend of mine encouraged me to learn to play

How long have you been playing and what’s your motivation to play?
I’ve been playing guitar for 38 years off and on. My oldest son Justin keeps me motivated to keep learning. He is a accomplished string instrumentalist and always has time to show me a new lick.

What’s your favorite lesson on Ben’s site and how has it helped you improve?
The music theory portion of Ben’s lessons has been a big help to me. I had never understood the Nashville numbering system. With this great lesson, it was easy for me to understand.

Are there any other instruments or genres of music that you enjoy playing?
I decided about 6 months ago to learn how to play mandolin. I’ve enjoyed every lesson and I am improving with every new lesson.

If you could play in anyone’s band, who would it be and why?
Kenny and Amanda Smith by far! Kenny is such a smooth guitar player and Amanda is a fabulous singer.

What type of gear or accessories have you found that work best for you?
I never thought that a puck could make that big a difference until I started taking Ben’s lessons. Man was I wrong!

If money was no object, what would be your dream instrument(s)?
A prewar Martin of my own!

When you’re not pickin’, what else do you spend your time doing?
Wood working, smoking meat and developing my own BBQ Brand

How did you find out about Banjo Ben?
I’ve know about Ben for a few years, and decided to take his classes. You can teach an old dog new tricks.

23 Likes

Congratulations on being Gold Pick Member.

2 Likes

gif Jeff on being selected as this weeks Gold Pick Member

1 Like

Mmmmmmmmm BBQ!

2 Likes

Congrats on being the GPOTW…and thanks for sharing a little about your musical journey…bluegrass and BBQ just plain go together!

1 Like

Saw Ken and Amanda Smith at the Oakboro Music Hall in Oakboro, NC about 14 years ago. Nice Couple!