Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Jake Workman - Landmark - new album

I just got that album a few days ago; it’s great! That version of Pike County Breakdown is incredible!

7 Likes

It totally is! The pure tone and speed on the mandolin solo… :scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Alright, you guys are killing me, @Dragonslayer, @Michael_Mark… now I have to get this…

5 Likes

I just shocked myself… I played banjo along with pike Co. Breakdown on the banjo, and I easily kept up :exploding_head::exploding_head::scream: like, wow! I knew I could pick it pretty fast, but I’m still quite shocked (and excited, obviously) :joy:

6 Likes

Congrats! I guess I’ll have to try that too sometime…

3 Likes

Landmark is the best!!! I’ve taken lessons with Jake and he’s given me some of the TAB from that album. Great songs! I got a chance to pick with him in January - he’s amazing!

14 Likes

That’s so cool!

6 Likes

How awesome is that video. You sounded fantastic @Flatpickin_Libby. It was impressive how you took some guidance mid-picking from Jake. Jake is one of my favorites, I’ve never gotten to meet him but he seems like a really good guy. Thanks so much for sharing that memory!

6 Likes

Thanks! It was so fun, he’s the best! :laughing:

7 Likes

Hey Libby, great to have you here. I saw that video on YouTube a while back, it’s fantastic. You’ve got some chops girl and I know that has to be a kick playing with Jake, he’s a great guy.

7 Likes

I agree! Amazing album and fantastic playing on ALL the instruments!

6 Likes

I can’t stop playing White House Bounce. Such a catchy melody.

3 Likes

I think my favorite on that album is Hickory Snow. Such a beautiful tune with some really interesting guitar work out of the E position.

3 Likes

We’re you able to write out a chart for that one?

2 Likes

By tab or by ear?

2 Likes

He has the tab for the melody on his website so I took the easy way ha.

3 Likes

Dang!!! That was so fun to watch I know you had fun pickin! Sounded great!

Pick on!:smiley::notes:

2 Likes

I’ll have to get that. Is it hard?

2 Likes

Not sure if this is correct or not, but here’s an attempt:

Key of E

(1 4) (1 45) (1 4) (6- 51)

(1 4) (1 45) (1 4) (6- 51)

(6-5) 4 (6-5) b7sus2 (6-5) 2

4 (4 5) NEXT BREAK

It’s actually not to hard at all. The A part is pretty straight forward. The B part has that really cool bluesy lick, but once you play through it a couple times it’s not bad at all.

https://jakeworkman.com/store/white-house-bounce

3 Likes