Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Jake Workman - Landmark - new album

Y’all, go buy Jake’s latest album, it’s awesome! It’s an all instrumental bluegrass album, and every single track is pure awesomeness! Sierra Hull plays all the mandolin except one track which Ricky Skaggs plays on, Russ Carson covers the banjo, Stuart Duncan on fiddle, Justin Moses on dobro, Jeff Picker on bass, Jeff Taylor on accordion and whistle, Rebekah Workman plays fiddle on one track, and the guitar is obviously played by Jake Workman.
This album is well worth the few bucks it costs, you won’t regret buying it!

14 Likes

I just got that album a few days ago; it’s great! That version of Pike County Breakdown is incredible!

7 Likes

It totally is! The pure tone and speed on the mandolin solo… :scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Alright, you guys are killing me, @Dragonslayer, @Michael_Mark… now I have to get this…

5 Likes

I just shocked myself… I played banjo along with pike Co. Breakdown on the banjo, and I easily kept up :exploding_head::exploding_head::scream: like, wow! I knew I could pick it pretty fast, but I’m still quite shocked (and excited, obviously) :joy:

6 Likes

Congrats! I guess I’ll have to try that too sometime…

3 Likes

Landmark is the best!!! I’ve taken lessons with Jake and he’s given me some of the TAB from that album. Great songs! I got a chance to pick with him in January - he’s amazing!

14 Likes

That’s so cool!

6 Likes

How awesome is that video. You sounded fantastic @Flatpickin_Libby. It was impressive how you took some guidance mid-picking from Jake. Jake is one of my favorites, I’ve never gotten to meet him but he seems like a really good guy. Thanks so much for sharing that memory!

6 Likes

Thanks! It was so fun, he’s the best! :laughing:

7 Likes

Hey Libby, great to have you here. I saw that video on YouTube a while back, it’s fantastic. You’ve got some chops girl and I know that has to be a kick playing with Jake, he’s a great guy.

7 Likes

I agree! Amazing album and fantastic playing on ALL the instruments!

6 Likes

I can’t stop playing White House Bounce. Such a catchy melody.

3 Likes

I think my favorite on that album is Hickory Snow. Such a beautiful tune with some really interesting guitar work out of the E position.

3 Likes

We’re you able to write out a chart for that one?

2 Likes

By tab or by ear?

2 Likes

He has the tab for the melody on his website so I took the easy way ha.

3 Likes

Dang!!! That was so fun to watch I know you had fun pickin! Sounded great!

Pick on!:smiley::notes:

2 Likes

I’ll have to get that. Is it hard?

2 Likes

Not sure if this is correct or not, but here’s an attempt:

Key of E

(1 4) (1 45) (1 4) (6- 51)

(1 4) (1 45) (1 4) (6- 51)

(6-5) 4 (6-5) b7sus2 (6-5) 2

4 (4 5) NEXT BREAK