Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

It's a leap year

6 Likes

5 Likes

Let’s kick it off (see what I did there :wink: ) right.

4 Likes

I think I should have looked before I leaped :wink:

5 Likes

It’s Feb 29 and I ain’t doin nothing special

4 Likes

It’s been 4 years since a lot in my life has changed. On Leap Day 2016, I quit smokeless tobacco. Dipping snuff was a cultural staple where I grew up. All the deacons stood around the front porch of the churchhouse spittin’ snuff before Sunday service :grin: I had been dipping for 22 years of my 36! But I knew I had to quit–not because I think tobacco is inherently wrong, to be clear. I had to quit because it controlled me, and anytime we let a substance control us, we’re in trouble. Plus, it’s horrible for your health and gross.

I had tried to wean myself off many times in the past, so I was going to try it differently this time. I had some dear brothers at my church that wanted to start working out in the mornings. The only way we could make it work with our schedules was to begin at 4AM…3:50 to be exact. So on Leap Day 2016, I drug myself out of bed at 3:20, threw away all my snuff, and met the guys at the gym at 3:50. Here we are 4 years later and doing the same thing, thank God.

Anyway, all that to say you can do it too. If you’re really ready to make a change for the better, whatever that may be, you can do it. Not on your own, of course, but it can be done :wink:

10 Likes

Man, that’s a big deal. Congratulations!

5 Likes

Thankfully, I gave up the weed a week after I tried it. I just hated the taste and couldn’t understand why others put themselves through that disgusting habit. I was just 14.

5 Likes

Excellent choice!!

4 Likes