Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

It’s all about the bass?

Ben,

All due respect to your absolutely AMAZING site… and coming from a LIFER…

You are such a gifted musician… and I don’t mean to dismiss the artistry of learning bass… but have you ever considered including it within you site’s scope… so that the full compliment of a Bluegrass band would be included - especially to support the songs you teach on the site with the other instruments?

This is only a well-intentioned suggestion… because you know I am such a fan of what you do!

1 Like

I did have those plans, yes, but things have just gotten in the way. I hope that continued memberships will allow me to afford to expand in ways like this. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am a new member her and I play bass. I was surprised to see one of my teachers from years ago…opps,not to suggest that he has a little age on him…hehe…but Mr. G., Paige is a great bass player and teacher!. Just my humble 2cents worth!

2 Likes

Ha! Welcome, my friend! Small world indeed.

Well shucks…I done discovered another common friend. I just started a bluegrass group and I called the ressonator…(Dobro) player since he is a leather worker…you see,I wanted a custom strap. I told him of joining this site and he promptly said…Old Ben Clark and his sisters are good folks. I ask…so you know him…he said you sent him something from Israel…Jerry Parker is his name…small world indeed! I love this site!

1 Like

Ha! Yep, small world again!

I got started playing bluegrass bass when I attended a jam camp and they offered a pinch-hitter bass class. I played electric bass years ago and just needed an upright bass to get started. If you understand the boom-chuck and cord changes, it’s pretty easy to be a bass player.

1 Like