Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Issue with viewing some vidoes

Hello, I am a “Gold Member” I’m having a problem accessing some videos. This happened once before. The error message I receive is:

Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here 

I cleared cache, cookies, have allowed third party cookies and did the two check tests from Banjo Ben site…and still can’t access certain videos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Cindy! What web browser are you using? Do you have any third party plugins/extensions/apps etc. running? Looks like these have caused some issues because of privacy settings for other users in the past.

2 Likes

Any chance you’re leaving the videos up in your browser and leaving the computer and coming back at a later time? I’ve seen that behavior when I’ve walked away for a few hours. The site’s login is timing out and needs to be refreshed.

If that’s it, just do a page refresh and you should be good.

1 Like

I never seen this before. @BanjoBen have you seen this call for help?

Good Find @Michael_Mark Now that was a long time ago. I put it down to old-timers disease for not remembering . Mind you it may have been the Scotch Moonshine I was sipping.
oldbanjoe50

Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for your response! I am using Chrome. I do not have any third party plugins/extensions/apps except for bit defender. I have added [*.]banjobenclark.com so he is allowed to use cookies in my privacy and security setting. I don’t know what else I can try/do at this point. This happened to me once before with my “old” computer. With the new computer it was working just fine until now. I haven’t changed any of my settings or added any plugins/extensions/apps.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your response. No, that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Hi @cindy.guardalabene Cindy I use Chrome can you tell me which video/lesson you are trying to access. Let me try and see If I get the same results and try to help you fix this issue.

Hello Archie,

One of the videos I no longer am able to access is the beginner banjo lesson on the forward roll. I can view all of the videos except for the first lesson. There are other videos that I no longer can access either. Thank you Archie!

I love this site and I don’t want to cancel my subscription again…wish I knew why this was happening. Thank you everyone for trying to help. I really appreciate it!

Hi Cindy, So I just looked at that lesson and all the videos played just fine on my PC. Which makes me think the problem is local to your computer. I know this is a big ask but could you try updating Chrome. It’s normal for Chrome to update automatically but sometimes computers have a mind of their own and things don’t go cleanly…

Just Google Chrome Update and follow the instructions for your device. It should only take a few moments to download and install. Be sure to close down any other applications that are running.

2 Likes

Hello Archie,

I did exactly as you said and I still can’t access some of the videos. Thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it. This is quite the mystery. If I don’t get this resolved I’ll have to cancel my subscription again and I really don’t want to do that.

Cindy

1 Like

I’m perplexed, @cindy.guardalabene. I have lots of members and I don’t have another person dealing with this. I bet it’s something simple. Regardless, I’ve told Julia to refund your last month’s payment because I don’t want anyone paying for something they’re not able to fully use. If you have the browser Firefox, try that please.

2 Likes

I’ll send you a PM. I do Remote Desktop support as my job and would like to help you get this resolved.

2 Likes

Hello Banjo Ben,

That is very kind of you and no need to refund…I am able to view the beginner lessons that I’m currently working on other than the 1st lesson with the forward roll. Hopefully I get this mystery resolved so it doesn’t happen again. It must be something with my computer.

1 Like

Everything plays just in Firefox. Has to be something with my Chrome. Some privacy/security setting that I’m unaware of. Another person from the Forum said that he can help me remotely. I will call him this morning.

There are other people who said they had this problem on your site too, but they were able to fix it. I’m hoping to get to the bottom of this so it doesn’t happen any longer.

Thank you!

Cindy

2 Likes

OK, we found the problem. Cindy has the BitDefender virus protection package on her PC, which has a Chrome extension running. When we disabled BitDefender, the broken videos loaded up perfectly.

Also, since BitDefender doesn’t have a FireFox entension running, Firefox also worked, so I told Cindy to just use FireFox for the lesson videos and Chrome for everything else on the web. That way she’s still protected while surfing.

In my line of work, it’s nice to get a solution, but it’s even nicer to find the root cause of the problem.

6 Likes

THANK YOU MARK for solving this problem! And THANK YOU BANJO BEN for recommending FireFox! I am truly grateful to both of you for helping resolve this issue

Happy holidays…

Cindy

4 Likes

Brilliant @Mark_Rocka I knew it had to be a local issue. I am not familiar with BitDefender so it’s great that you isolated the problem. Looks like @cindy.guardalabene can enjoy her lessons.

4 Likes