Legos for teaching guitar? Why not?

9 Likes

:unamused::scream:

1 Like

Oh yeah!!:sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

This reminds me to when I was a kid. My brother got a plastic guitar for Christmas. The guitar came with a little device that strapped on to the neck. It had buttons when pressed would form a chord.

3 Likes

Interesting idea, and kudos to them for actualizing it, but micro tones just sound out of tune to me

3 Likes

Same. I wonder if it’s just our western music trained ears.

3 Likes

I think that some of it is that. We use them but just go through them with a bend or slide into semi-tones and resolve the tension they create. In some other cultures that dissonance just sits out there and repeats.

With that said, I also think part of the reason it sounds wrong is physics and the way notes relative to each other are mathematically defined. Ferinstance, the A above A 440 HZ is at 880 HZ, exactly twice the frequency of the lower octave A. The waves go together in orderly ways. In a fundamental way, that is why some intervals sound “righter” than others. Microtone waves don’t fit together in very orderly ways.

2 Likes

The lego fretboard is impressive. I am guessing that the spacing on the lego nibs is constantly reduced as you go up the neck.

1 Like

Yeah, if you notice, they didn’t use all Lego brand pieces, it’s mostly custom 3D printed

1 Like