Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Inventing Breaks

Very interesting…I think I understand what you are saying. I already changed a part of ‘You are my Sunshine’ to suit me a little better although I think it is gonna make it waaaayyyy harder to play once I pick up the tempo…hopefully I can get my digital recorder and start to listen to how I play things in tab and then how I ‘think’ it sounds better.

haha, I do it the same way. I’ll write out a lead slow when figuring it out, then as I get where I can play it faster I start having to replace things either because they sound good slow but not faster or because I can’t pull off the licks at a quicker speed.

lol…It seems I have a lot to learn here. I am super excited to start playing again…and excited to see how its gonna progress.

— Begin quote from "fiddlewood"

Larry and I pay $5/montheach to post things like Larry and I are doing on our own profile.

— End quote

I’m actually still a free member, fiddlewood, so you can post tracks without paying anything. Free members don’t have as many features available, though. For instance, I can’t post my songs as finished projects and I can’t upload .wav files.

Ahh, Thanks Larry, I was hoping you would chime in. It was the .wav files I use that persuaded me I’m thinking…

It’s worth the bucks to me not have to figure out how ot convert them into mp3 again

Here is a great alternate for part B of Theme Time I learned from a video by a great picker in Florida named Royce Burt (BHO). I didn’t get every note just like Royce did but it’s pretty close.

There are some really nice ideas included here: dissonant notes, a killer chromatic D lick, etc. I found it well worth the effort I had to put in to learn this so thought I’s share it…

Have Fun!