Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I'm selling my Recording King RK 76 Elite Banjo

I never thought I’d hear myself say this, but… I have too many banjos. After acquiring my pre-war and my Twanger, I need to sell my RK 76 Elite to help pay for those. I just got this awesome banjo last Fall from the BanjoBen General Store. It was my first real quality banjo and Jake did a great job setting it up. It sounds fantastic.

It sells new for $1699 and I’ll let mine go for $999 plus shipping. Just FYI, I kept the packaging that Jake used to send it to me so…

See all the pics and details on eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333287891029

4 Likes

SOLD TODAY to a nice fellow in Calgary, Alberta. I was kind of sad when I took it to the shipper today but I think it’ll have a nice home.

He’s a guitar and mando player and new to banjo. He told me that Ross Nickerson helped him find one and recommended mine, so that’s kind of cool.

I’m gonna try to get him over here to BanjoBenClark.com and our community.

3 Likes

I’m sure you meant to say BanjoBenClark.com

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Ben Freed pasted away. His site is still active and there’s a bunch of cracking licks on his site for the Intermediate/Advanced level student

1 Like

Indeed I did and it’s fixed now, nice catch, thanks @Archie .

I actually only meant BanjoBen in a generic sense and I didn’t even realize I had typed the .com, oh well.

I hadn’t heard that he’s passed. I have seen his stuff before, I think I stumbled on it before I found our BanjoBen.

Yes, and his site loves to take folks’ money and not send them materials they paid for. Then, those people who paid and didn’t get anything love to send me emails claiming I stole their money. Great fun!

1 Like

Great to hear! I’d be honored to have him!

1 Like

Sorry to hear your having issues with Ben Freed’s site. Is there no way you can contact his family.?

1 Like

Well look what the cat drug in! lol - (me). Thanks, Maggie. Found my way here! Think I’ll wander around a bit. Hi Ben! :wave:

5 Likes

Hi Michael (@melee0110) , welcome to the forum, glad you’re here. Just a helpful tip, when you want to refer to someone in particular, especially if you want to get their attention, put @ at the beginning of their username. So, Ben is @BanjoBen.

Gang, this is Michael Lee from Calgary and he bought my RK. From talking with him via eBay, I think it’s going to good home. I told him all about the site and the forum and here he is. Cool.

Yeah, wander around, feel free to ask questions about the learning content of site or the forum or how things work or just chime in on discussions already in progress. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Howdy, @melee0110! Thanks for dropping in! I heard you picked up a mighty fine banjo, and any friend of @MissMaggie is a friend of mine! Let me know if I can help you.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Michael. Great to have you aboard.

2 Likes

Howdy Mr. Lee @melee0110 ,

It sure is great to have ya join and welcome to the site.

This forum is full of very nice and friendly people who really want to support others in any way they can.

Please take advantage of it by staying in touch here. I really hope you enjoy your new Banjo and the excellent instruction found in all @BanjoBen’s lessons. He’s the best!

2 Likes

Welcome meLee (great moniker btw)!

I am kicking myself for not at least asking my wife if I could find room for Maggie’s banjo.

2 Likes

Hi @melee0110 Michael Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. This is the best place on the internet to learn to play Banjo, Mandolin & Guitar. @MissMaggie been here a while so she knows the ropes but If you’ve got any questions just holler and we will do our best to help you out.

2 Likes

Welcome @melee0110!

2 Likes

Welcome Michael! Great to have you on board.

2 Likes

Welcome @melee0110 to the forum! Please take your time exploring around here. Lots of nuggets to be found.

2 Likes

A little late as usual but welcome @melee0110

1 Like

Even later… Welcome from me @melee0110 your in the best place. We are all a great bunch here, and you couldn’t find a better teacher than @BanjoBen :+1:

2 Likes