Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

If you are stuck at home - Here's some entertainment to lift your spirits

BBC Channel Four TV Documentary - Down from the mountain

2 Likes

video unavailable…

2 Likes

@Archie,

The video is listed a being blocked here in the US for Copyright reasons…

2 Likes

Pity it’s a really good documentary

1 Like

Regardless, thank you for posting in the spirit and intent of the subject line!

3 Likes

Pickin & Trimin Documentary

2 Likes

The Life & Times of Ralph Stanley

3 Likes

Hey gang, if you have a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service for your PC or mobile device that let’s set your country of origin, it works if you set it for the UK. Set it first and then try the link again.

There are also online VPN services available if you want to try one of those.

If you don’t have a VPN, you can search for “down from the mountain” and you can see several individual clips from the documentary.

4 Likes

But that would be lying! :grin:

6 Likes

That is a subject of much debate I suppose. VPNs provide secure, safe and private connections to the internet. They are security tools that are included in most anit-virus software available today such as Norton, McAfee and others and I always have one enabled to protect my own privacy.

I personally don’t believe the use of a VPN is lying or stealing or any such thing. This documentary has aired here in the US many times and can be recorded when it airs and individual clips and sometimes the entire program is available on YouTube, Prime, Netflix, PBS, and other sources and available for download for free. Is that lying or stealing? Some would say yes, I say no.

Sometimes a friend in another country will tell me they can’t see a video on my own channel and I tell them to use a VPN. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

But, I welcome other comments on the issue, I’m curious to hear what others think. Perhaps this is a good issue to discuss, since we’re all couped up with not much to do anyway, eh.

4 Likes

OK, upon further research of this particular documentary, I’m changing my position to - on the fence.

I still have it on DVD, somewhere that I purchased many years ago. And yes, even though it has aired many times here in the US for free, at present I’m not finding any outlet that has it available for streaming. It is, as it has been for many years, available from Amazon for $10 in DVD and, believe it or not, VHS. It does pose a problem for those of us though that don’t VHS or DVDs any more.

So, if they are still trying to sell it here in the US, I would concede that they have the right to block the streaming outside the UK and that… perhaps using a VPN to stream it might be… not right… she said as she hung her head low…

But hey, if you still have a DVD player, get the DVD, it’s a really good show. Lot’s of great talent.

5 Likes

Classic response @Mike_R

3 Likes

For those who get bored The Station Inn has been live streaming shows every night online. Watched some great musicians the last couple nights!

No crowd there…just band and sound/camera folks in the club. Owner is doing it to help out the pickers in lean times with so many show cancellations.

It is free…but you can donate to help out the out of work performers is you want to.

Tonight’s performance will have Maddie Denton playing fiddle.

Last night Doyle’s fiddler was on stage.

9 Likes

Where does one go to partake of such private revelry? (Where do I find the live stream)

4 Likes
6 Likes

Do you have to have a facebook account for this or no?

3 Likes

@Dragonslayer I think it will still work without a FB acct. I don’t have facebook and I clicked the link just now & i scrolled down & it let me start watching the last show with jed clark , theres also a link to the live stream - it let me click on it, appears to work without a FB acct, but as it’s not time for the show yet, it displayed a currently off air message…

3 Likes

I saw my friend Jed kill it last night!

7 Likes

Yes! it was a good show!

His brother Harry is playing tonight w/East Nash Grass.

5 Likes

That’s the Jed from the 432 sessions cd - I love that & will be returning to the station inn FB later to watch the whole video :grin:!

5 Likes