Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I thought maybe y'all would like to see this

2 Likes

Wow! If you look close you can see the smoke rising from the fret board.:open_mouth::fire:

1 Like

I remember seeing that years ago. My thought then was the same as now… why would they pick Dueling Banjos for the song? It’s like they found the person at Guinness that knows the least about bluegrass and put them in charge of the project. :laughing:

1 Like

@Mark_Rocka i know right…its like “hey Boss i just got done watching this movie with banjos in it and i think it would be the perfect song…considering i dont know any others…” :rofl: They could have picked FMB…which i think would have been harder to do a real fast pace along the up the neck part also. The other thing i thought about too watching the vid is that it kind of ruins the song BECAUSE it is soooo fast. IMHO.

1 Like

@Fisherbro “I got blisters on my fingers…”

I totally agree, both that fmb (or how 'bout flint hill special?) Would have been a better choice, and that the speed ruined the song. And his solo was boring. Yes this probably is jealousy talking.

1 Like

@Dragonslayer i am going to guess that Earl play FMB at a waaaay faster pace than this guy on this song. Earl just blazes through FMB. AND it would have sounded much better than Dueling Banjos at high speed. also you could at least hear the chord changes on FMB, this one, other than watching his fret hand, its hard to hear the chord changes because it sooooo fast.

Well, @BanjoBen plays Shenandoah breakdown at 300bpm, which is more than this guy. I love hearing Earl play fmb at a zillion miles an hour, and trying to keep up. It ain’t easy.

Is it me, or did he drop a beat behind a few times in there? I think I noticed it three times. Not that I can play banjo, but still…

1 Like

This is dumb. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

@Mike_R I don’t even know how the person from GBW can know whether he played everything correctly. Not sure what the criteria is for the record.

@BanjoBen, Cmon Ben, I know you can play a mean banjo. I am sure you could beat that record…We all have the utmost confidence in you.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just bragging rights. Although, I wouldn’t mind saying “my banjo teacher is the fastest in the world”

1 Like