Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I just bought my dream Banjo

Hypocrisy is my #1 pet peeve. Why does it always seem the people that are the most preachy are the worst Christians?

Another question… if he changed his mind, why is the ad still up?

I had asked him earlier to keep the ad up for a little bit so this link would work. That was yesterday. Today he backed out.

I have the same, though I did have some really nice Go To tuners put on it. Still waiting for when I can upgrade.

So sorry…That was beautiful. Also very sorry you had to deal with a first class WAD!

Ghandi said he loved our Jesus, but didn’t like our people

Sometimes we deserve the bad rap we get.

Now that I think about it, that was a classic bait and switch. I’m chapped!

Update. Here was the e-mail that I got this morning from him:

Keith, I’m sorry to have to tell you this. but I’ve lost my peace completely over selling this banjo. I have decided to keep it and sell my Deering Calico which is currently a $4500 banjo. It is similar woods as the Gibson.

The Gibson has a much thicker neck than the Deering. It has a thinner neck and has a fast profile much easier to play. If you would be interested in it, I will make you a very fair price for it. I can send photos to your i phone as well.

Sorry for the change of heart, but if I decide to sell it in the future, I will contact you first.

Go to Deering banjo web site and look at the Calico. Beautiful, great sounding and effortless playing banjo.

Thanks so much for your understanding
Robert

He just called me and we had a talk. I appreciate that he didn’t think that because of the neck thickness I would not see the increase in playabilty over what I currently have now that I was expecting. What he didn’t state in the e-mail was that he was going to offer me the Calico for the same price. Well, gee buddy maybe you should have said that and I wouldn’t have felt it was a bait and switch! Anyway, I told him I’ll look at some pictures and $2000 would probably be a great price for the Calico but I don’t know. The ship may have sailed for now. The thing is that I don’t NEED another banjo at this point. Mine is perfectly fine for my level of playing and to keep learning on. It’s only that I WANTED another banjo. This might have just been a good wake up call for me to keep practicing and learning on what I have, besides… what use is a hot banjo with a cold player?

Breathe deep. :neutral_face:…You’ll figure it out.

1 Like

Sorry Man!

1 Like

The Ephiphone MB250 would be the banjo I would recommend to any level of player of Scrugg’s style. The influence of Gibson and the components are hard to beat. Once you have been playing banjo for some time, it is your reference for playing. I have a number of premium banjos that don’t get much, if any, play at jams or festivals because a large scratch {or crack!} will drastically affect the resale. I may be in the minority here, and speaking out of turn; what I read of the “Mastertone” sounded more like what they used to call a Frankenstein. Parts from here and there, put together by a known luthier. There will be banjos to be had at the price point you are willing give your hard earned dollars for. Frankly, I’m relieved for you, not having to deal with such a two dealing type seller. I don’t recommend Craigs list for fine instruments. I have a mint Staghorn; a mint 1962 Bowtie; and others I will be offering. Banjo HangOut, Reverb, maybe Ebay because of Paypal’s guarantee. I’m not quite clear on Ben’s plans on having members trade or sell, but the others have sellers feedback from previous customers. Time spent learning what Ben has to offer is one of the best banjo investments I have seen in years. Gold Member as soon as I found BanjoBen. You’ll be ready for the next best thing…

1 Like