Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I Have A Complaint About The Forum

The Forum is broken into several different categories, including General Chit Chat.
Within General Chit Chat is a thread called “What are y’all up to?”
Now that’s a fine, fair & legitimate question, but the thread itself has morphed into a giant General Chit Chat! There are so many different topics covered in that single thread it’s difficult to keep track of much of it.
Maybe it’s time for that thread to die and folks can go back to posting a specific topic in a specific category so the rest of us can keep up with you.

Oh yeah, Happy Father’s Day… Proclamation 4127:

"Still it has long been our national custom to observe each year one special Sunday in honor of America’s fathers; and from this year forward, by a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972, that custom carries the weight of law.
This is fitting and good. Let each American make this Father’s Day an occasion for renewal of the love and gratitude we bear to our fathers, increasing and enduring through all the years.

Now, Therefore, I, Richard Nixon , President of the United States of America, do hereby request that June 18, 1972, be observed as Father’s Day. I direct Government officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings, and I urge all citizens to display the flag at their homes and other suitable places on that day."

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/proclamation-4127-fathers-day

And every president since then -
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, in accordance with a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972, as amended (36 U.S.C. 109), do hereby proclaim June 21, 2015, as Father’s Day. I direct the appropriate officials of the Government to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on this day, and I call upon all citizens to observe this day with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, in accordance with a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972, as amended (36 U.S.C. 109), do hereby proclaim June 16, 2019, as Father’s Day. I call on United States Government officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on Father’s Day and invite State and local governments and the people of the United States to observe Father’s Day with appropriate ceremonies.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, in accordance with a joint resolution of the Congress approved April 24, 1972, as amended (36 U.S.C. 109), do hereby proclaim June 18, 2023, as Father’s Day. I direct the appropriate officials of the Government to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on this day. Let us honor our fathers, living and deceased, and show them the love and gratitude they deserve."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2023/06/16/a-proclamation-on-fathers-day-2023/

Yes, I left out several presidents since Nixon, but surprisingly, they all said pretty much the same thing.

4 Likes

It’s just a Cut N’ Paste world @BanJoe

2 Likes

I don’t love the long threads either. But usually when someone writes something quick it’s not worth its own topic so that’s probably why…

I’ve gotta say this forum is kinda overdue for some life, perhaps in the form of a good fresh argument.

4 Likes

and i DISAGREE!

7 Likes

The arguments have been low lying because @Mason_Crone hasn’t been around I suppose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I beg your pardon? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Wordle @Flatpickin_Libby There I said it!

2 Likes

I have your argument, right here!

3 Likes

Well hello! I guess nobody’s just been writing.

2 Likes

Actually I think it’s been well over a year now since I argued online :man_shrugging::rofl:

3 Likes

It’s good to see you are developing your maturity as well as your musical talents!

1 Like

The “being hit over the head lessons” :smile:. That’s a good summary of my guitar lessons.

2 Likes

For my banjo lessons, “Abuse” seems closer to the truth. Some days they make me feel exactly as described, including “malodorous.”

1 Like

@Mason_Crone How far are you from Blairsville, GA? We’re going to be up there this Saturday. https://georgiastatefiddlersconvention.org

1 Like

About an hour and a half, I don’t have a car though. It took awhile to convince my parents on spbgma :joy:

5 Likes

I’ll kick it off. Flat Earth is dead. This is the new reality.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/earth-cylinder-shape-section-14669597.jpg

6 Likes

You won’t get any argument from me. I play banjo! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll have the :lion: share

2 Likes

Try arguing with this little girl. Bet you’ll never win.

2 Likes