Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I got to visit the store!

I was driving from Bentonville to Mountain View yesterday, and the store was just a little out of the way, so I decided to stop by. I will just say, if you ever can make it out there, do so!! But maybe forget to bring your wallet… I walked out with a couple hundred worth of strings and accessories lol.
Also, Adam tuned up my banjo head and it’s sounding so much better now!

32 Likes

Wow Wow Wow that must have been a blast!! I am more than a little bit jealous of you right.

7 Likes

Nice selfie with the signage @Dragonslayer Gunnar. That alone is worth a visit to the General Store

9 Likes

You know, that’s not the first time someone took a side road and it ended up costing several hundred dollars!

7 Likes

I am doubly jealous. Bentonville AND the General Store! Did you do any biking in Arkansas?

6 Likes

YES!! A certain pilgrimage for Gold Pick members. I think once you make the trip, you get to wear a white Banjo Ben hat or something that signifies you completed said pilgrimage.

7 Likes

This picture taken right before I hit Cease and Desist, which was not as scary as I expected. Everything was rollable, and not super high consequences.

Bentonville trails are everything you’ve heard and more! I need to go back with more time…
My favorite was Thunder Dome!

Yes!!! @BanjoBen @aliciabowman @AdamAsh can y’all get some in person only merch that is only at the store and not online? Nothing fancy, maybe just a different hat color or something…

8 Likes

Wow that looks sweet Gunnar!! Was that lift access downhill biking or what? Last weekend i went with my Bro and some buddys to a lift access downhill park 3hrs away. that was good stuff to push my comfort zone, esspecially if you aren’t used to 10-12’ tables tops. Pretty scary for me to send first time but by the end of the day i was looking for 20’ :joy: not quite

3 Likes

Nope, you gotta do your own climbing, but most of it isn’t bad. The trail up to the hub is pretty tiring though…

I think the biggest I really sent was about a 10 footer, but my bike is an XC bike with a cheap fork, so I was trying to not snap it in half lol.
I had never ridden built trails before, so no jumps or berms except on dirt bikes. It was a blast!!

2 Likes

nice thats sweet, 10’ high jump or 10’ clearence?

1 Like

the ones we were doing were 10’ but not sure what we were clearing, but it was a good ways.

btw looks like your a regular again. good job

1 Like

Length. Idk the height, I raced most of the jumps to avoid height anyway. I cased almost everything, but I did clear a few around the 10’ long mark

1 Like

Good deal Gunnar! I have been there to Coler. That is one of the neatest trail systems I have ridden. Fire Line was just pure fun.

3 Likes

@BrentH and @Dragonslayer, great idea!!! I’ll see what we can do!

5 Likes

Is this when I could receive my actual Gold Pick? OK, OK… Maybe only gold color, but just pick material? Something unique to the BB Clark Gold Pick member making that Pilgrimage sounds like a great idea. The hat idea sounds great.

5 Likes

How bout if they mail a golden pick with five orders, and the recipients get a free trip to the store? (Totally original idea)

3 Likes