Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I got to play with Little Roy!

This was the most fun ever! He can play lightning fast! I’m not kidding. I actually clocked him with my metronome doing 385bpm!!! Thankfully he let me set the pace on this one. :rofl:

11 Likes

Well that looks like more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Sweet picking!

3 Likes

Man that was awesome!

3 Likes

Well that’s a treat. How do you know him or how did you meet him, where are you guys? Tell us more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like fun! I wish I had someone to jam with like that!

2 Likes

Hi Miss Maggie! We were at the Mt. St. Helen’s Bluegrass Festival in Toledo, WA where I was playing with Kevin Pace and the Early Edition. Little Roy and Lizzie were there performing also. This happened after the Saturday morning workshops. We had gone to one of theirs on the autoharp and banjo and as things were breaking up he pointed and me and said, “I want to hear you pick!” We did Earl’s Breakdown and tried to do Randy Lynn but my D tuners were all whacked out so it kinda failed. Then he asked me to play something slow so I played Whiskey Before Breakfast. I have a melodic and single string version that I play and he was STARING at my hands. At the end he said “I don’t know how you did that but it sure is purty!” He was really fun and a really nice guy. Definitely something I will remember!

4 Likes

Wonderful!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a really neat story Kaleb. Thanks for sharing that. Yep, definitely something to remember. It’s a good thing you got video.

3 Likes

I’m jealous :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If only one day…

:roll_eyes: dreaming - imagining…

GREAT PICKIN’ - Great story… Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Kalebs formula…Listen to a lot of bluegrass, and play several hours per day.

3 Likes

You got it! And it works too…:grin:

2 Likes