Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

I can't believe it's 5 years - General Store

gif

Congratulation’s @BanjoBen @Jake and the rest of the gang at the General Store I just can’t believe it’s been 5 years since you guys opened for business. I always thought this logo would look great on a t-shirt or sweatshirt.

banjobenlogo1

12 Likes

Is it 5 years really? I thought it was started quite some time after I joined as Gold pick and now wonder if I’m over 5 years as a member?? Possible.

Congratulations Ben and team, and keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Hi John

The General Store started out at @Jake Stogdill’s Home back in 2017. Jake had previously managed the Janet Davis Music Store in Bentonville, Arkansas before it closed down.

Here is a sales ad from about four years ago.

23 January 2018

21 December 2017

11 April 2017 - As Murphy Henry would say - So there you have it Banjo Ben’s General Store Open For Business 2017.

3 Likes

Janet Davis Music Facebook Page

Banjo Ben General Store Facebook Page

1 Like

I shipped a laptop to Jake a few years ago. I did, in fact, pack it in breakfast cereal. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’ve never been to the USA in my life, but if I can do it, this will be the first place I want to go :smiley: congrats to 5 Years!

4 Likes

@Mark_Rocka Was it Kellogg’s or a cheap brand container? Did you float it down stream on standard or express delivery?

These guy’s sure have a great Customer Service. If you have a complaint they’ll come right back at you with a complaint of there own.gif

2 Likes

Hi Archie, thanks for the info on General Store birth and growth! I browse through my emails for my membership word reaching the Cabin and I find that to be June 2018. OK so the general store is older than my Gold Pick years. I think I mixed up the renovation or the new store opening with the General store start up. Remember the picture where Ben uses a shovel and pour concrete for the floor/foundation or doinng something like that?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh greatttt… Congrats for 5 years:)

1 Like

I hope there was a little more than just cereal… Cereal dust is guaranteed Not Good For Laptops™.

6 Likes

Reminds me of an old food packaging disclaimer found in the fine print:
“Some settling may occur during shipping. Contents are sold by weight, not by volume.”

3 Likes

It was an old Lenovo Thinkpad. They basically ran on abuse and neglect.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the ThinkPads. Those were very tough. In fact, I bought myself a modern one recently.

3 Likes

The upgradability of those 2006-2010 era IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads was pretty crazy. I sold dozens of them a couple years ago with 8GB RAM, SSDs, upgraded processors, and Windows 10.

(One of my first laptops was a T61)

3 Likes

Unfortunately, in this modern era, you’re hard pressed to be able to replace anything other than the SSD. RAM and CPU are generally soldered in new machines (although Framework is fully upgradeable).

Yeah, they still run pretty well if you don’t need any heavy duty performance.

2 Likes

Attention: @BanjoBen

Who would buy an annual membership for a $50 gift card when the same is also offered for a $100 gift card?? :wink:

1 Like

Yep, it’s a typo. I meant to give away a $1,000 gift card!

9 Likes

haha! That would be irresistible!

2 Likes

For about 3 seconds I thought you were serious and I was like “Wait, what!?!?” :rofl:

4 Likes

That would get me 55 sets of XS strings! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes