Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Howdy!

Hey Folks!

Luke Kerner here! I’ve been a Gold Pick Member for quite some time now but have yet to post on the forum. I’ve observed a couple threads and wanted to make a little post to say hi to y’all.

I’ve had my banjo for over a year and a half and began listening to bluegrass shortly before I bought it. A couple months later, I started on Ben’s videos and eventually went to one of his cabin camps (Banjo Only Camp April 2021!)

I’ve lived in Austin TX for most of my life and am now a freshman at Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio. I love bluegrass, amphibians/reptiles, mountain biking and anything to do with Texas.

Just a post to say hi and jump on the forum!

18 Likes

Hi Luke welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. If you have any questions just holler and I’ll do my best to help.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Luke!

3 Likes

Hello @Froog . I’m not from the Austin area but my brother has lived in Dripping Springs down that way for a good while.

2 Likes

Nice! I’m familiar with Dripping Springs. I live a good ways north from it, but I do make my way down there from time to time.

4 Likes

What’s up man I’m about an hour up the road from you. Glad to see you on here.

2 Likes

Greetings from another banjo beginner. Feel free to share your “expert opinion” with us. I could use the support! :+1:

4 Likes

Cool! Good to hear there are other pickers around me!

2 Likes

Thanks @BanJoe. I’ll let y’all decide whether it’s an “expert opinion” or not!

4 Likes

Howdy Luke, and welcome! I live outside of Fort Worth and share many of your stated loves. We go down your way to bike at Spider Mountain a few times a year.

2 Likes

Hey, @Dragonslayer actually gave me your number since we’re close to each but then I got sick so i forgot to reach out. Good thing you posted, it reminded me. Anyway, welcome to the forum don’t be a stranger here everyone here is really helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s great, my Dad is going to take me down to Spider Mountain to bike sometime, as I have never been before. I’ve heard its a cool trail!

4 Likes

@oaklymaple No worries! Great to hear from you! Yes, I’m sure I’ll come up with some random bluegrass questions for y’all sooner or later :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum & glad to see you on here!
(I was at the same camp with you in April.)

3 Likes

Welcome Luke! I think these are my favorite kind of posts to see– new folks joining in on the forum! I’m sure you’ll love it here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@xmark Good to be here. Yes, I remember that you let me play your Twanger!

2 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Mark. Glad to be on!

2 Likes

Hi Luke, I’m glad you posted. We hope to see more posts from you. I’m about two hours from Steubenville. I live in Garfield Hts, OH

Thanks. Very nice, you’ll have to teach me how to deal with the snow and cold up here in Ohio!

Hello @Froog, welcome to the forum!
You seem to be close to Pittsburg. Yeah it is getting cold now.