Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

How to practice the Banjo when you have a sleeping Baby next to you .. 🤱🏼

This is for me a good Trick to practice my Banjo playing, when my Baby is sleeping…:laughing:

17 Likes

In my experience babies will sleep through noise in fact noise can help them sleep and feel secure. The thing that keep babies awake are feeling hungry, wind, needing changed, insecurity and feeling unwell. I raised two daughters and have five grown up grand kids so I’ve had more than my fair share of sleepless nights. But what your doing @Severin muffling the sound like that is great

3 Likes

@Archie is right! You play well and the baby is sure to enjoy it while sleeping. In fact they may even get the liking to grow up to be a musician themselves.

2 Likes

Cheap and effective. I like it!

If you want a slightly pricier option that still allows the strings to ring, check out Mike’s Banjo Mutes. Best mutes I’ve found, and I kinda like the tone they give.

3 Likes

Do you sell those in different colors?

2 Likes

You make it sound good like that… kind of brings a new meaning to the term “stick a sock in it.”

It sounded familiar, and I think I know why… it is kind of like an 8 bit sound (old school atari or nintendo)! Love it!

2 Likes

That works great! (good job on the pickin’ too!)

1 Like

Yes, you’re right! it is also for the older girls who should finally sleep, :smile: and my neighbor is also happy when his children can sleep…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hope so! Thank you!:grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you @Mark_Rocka, have to check it out…:blush:

1 Like

:wink:, haha

Thank you @xmark!!

Haha, you’re right, that sound really similar…! Like an old nintendo game :sweat_smile: thanl you @Mike_R

I’m beginning to receive compliments from my neighbors not sure if my banjo playing is getting any better or if they have given up on complaining after I told them a banjo doesn’t come with a volume control and I was thinking about taking up the fiddle. high_five

7 Likes

Sounds good Severin! Wonder how it would sound with a red sock?? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Of course, it works too, you always have it with you. However, if you would take something that doesn’t give off lint, woolen socks are not so suitable😀

4 Likes