Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

How do you get comfortable for practice

I am finding it increasingly difficult to get comfortable for practice time. I send all day everyday at a desk staring at a computer screen. The last thing it want to do at night is come back to the same configuration with a desk chair staring at tab when my eyes are already tired. I try to sit in my recliner but the position is all wrong. Does anyone here have any experience with a “musicians glider”? If so what are your thoughts.

2 Likes

I sit at my computer most of the day practicing banjo or editing TAB or watching a movie. I take a 30 min nap around 4pm.

I would suggest when you get home from work wash your eyes with cold water then go out for a walk . Clear your head then you’ll be ready for an hour or more of banjo.

3 Likes

Kieth, have you tried practicing standing up? It’s pretty much the best posture for playing. I have even found that people that only play seated often have trouble playing when they stand up. Just a thought.

5 Likes

I almost always practice/play standing up, with the exception of practicing something really specific. Otherwise, I mostly do stage simulations by playing along with stuff. My practice method probably isn’t that great, though. I’ve considered getting a guitar stool but haven’t gotten around to finding anything yet… note to self, do that soon.

5 Likes