Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Home made banjo mute

Cobbled this together and it works just fine. Just a piece of aluminium flat bent into shape and a piece of leather one side and velcro the other. No reason for velcro one side, just what I had to hand. Great thing is you can clip it on the side of your banjo too! :wink:

5 Likes

A banjo mute is a great gift for your significant other. Now the folks on forum can take your idea and personalize it. That is cool how it stores out of the way.

1 Like

That’s pretty clever. I’ve already invested in one from the general store. It works great too, but if something happens to it, I’ll make one. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Thanks all, i may customise this to look a bit more attractive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but hey its only for me for when I practise on occasion late at night. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Has anyone seen a banjo mute for a compensated bridge?

1 Like

No I never have, but it would be interesting to make one. I may have a go. :wink:

2 Likes

Mk2 banjo mute. Although the other cobbled together one worked, it was a bit wide. This second one made from a brass flat and bent into shape works much better. :+1::wink:

1 Like

A Mike’s Mute would probably work on a compensated bridge. To my knowledge, no mute on the market reduces your volume more than Mike’s.

http://www.mikesbanjomute.com

3 Likes

I forgot about Mike’s, yeah that’s a really good mute perfect for a compensated bridge too. :+1:

Just made another, this one I managed to get a bit straighter, the other had a slight wave as seen in the pic. (not that it effected how it works, I’ve used craft foam instead of just felt for the dampener and it works a treat. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You should start selling them!

I may start a production line :wink:

3 Likes

I would tottally buy some

I had one of those. I didn’t care for the thumbscrews. They were in my way.

1 Like